One of the reasons I love shopping is the thrill of the hunt. Using your wits to find what you want and the gratification of having it for yourself (or to give to someone else for Christmas)
And Black Friday is the best example of “the hunt” for me. Thanksgiving weekend is when I list out who I’m buying for, how much I’m spending and gift ideas for everyone on my list. But despite this list, I reserve Black Friday to shop for me before all of my money goes toward others. Of course, if I see a gift for someone at an incredible deal, I will get it, but it’s still about me :)
Every Black Friday, my dad, stepmom and I head to the Kenosha outlet mall, but beforehand, dad and I plan out our shopping attack, like we’re playing a game of Risk. Circulars are tabbed and organized in the order we will visit the stores.
Because of the economy, we’re scaling back a bit this year, but I surveyed our loot from today and I think we did a pretty good job. I normally don’t have a lot of luck with sale items, but this year, I did okay.
Here are a few highlights from my shopping trip:
- Best deal: JCrew Factory Store charcoal gray corduroy pants – final price: $13.97 (no alterations needed – amazing)
- Unexpected find: Puma women’s Roma suede shoes (I have been wanting another pair of these shoes and could not find them anywhere until today)
- Potential buyers remorse purchase: JCrew argyle socks
- Unnecessary indulgence: Coach Factory Store berry lambskin gloves with cashmere lining
- Most practical purchase: Restoration Hardware Factory Store dish brush and anti-bacterial soap for the bathroom
So after an early morning and plenty of fresh air at the outlet mall, I’m ready for an afternoon laydown before dad and I decide if we’re going to see the new James Bond movie tonight or tomorrow.
Oh and here is a picture of my parent’s loot. My shopping bags are not represented in this pile but imagine about 3-5 more bags in the front of the stack.
Did anyone else brave the stores this morning? Any big deals to share?
How was everyone’s Thanksgiving? My recap is coming with this weekend’s key learnings, but I am still full from two major meals in one day.
Sorry if yesterday’s early tweet, when I reposted about things I’m grateful for
, confused everyone. I should have clarified the repost in my tweet. I just wanted to put it out there because I’m still thankful and grateful for everything on that list so it seemed appropriate. My bad!