Despite my kitchen fails, I love food and eating, especially at the holidays. That’s when I bring out the comfy pants (with elastic waist) and prepare to gorge myself for multiple days. Sometimes, I enjoy the food so much, I contemplate inducing vomiting to make room for more. Okay, yeah that’s gross, I don’t mean that literally.
- Fudge (My stepmom’s family recipe is so good. It melts in your mouth)
- Homemade “sticky buns” (Another family recipe, full of butter and goodness)
- Taco dip (I made it this year and we use a “secret” ingredient that makes trays of this disappear quickly)
- Ham roll-ups (Simple, ham, green onion and cream cheese. I eat them like chips)
- Caramel apple dip (There is no actual caramel in here, just cream cheese and brown sugar, but it goes perfectly with Granny Smith apples)
- Tenderloin (I don’t eat a ton of red meat, but tenderloin is my favorite. I don’t know what my dad does to cook or season it, but I cannot get enough of it)
- Stollen – A traditional German cake with dried fruit and candy on the inside. My stepmom literally spends three days making loaves of this for family and friends. I am not a huge fan but appreciate the effort. Oh an absolutely everything is homemade, dough and all