I’m going with bullets today because my ADD has been a little worse than usual this week and I cannot wait for the weekend (as always.) So let’s see what is swimming around in my brain right now.
- Inauguration talk: It’s official. We have a new president and I am loving Michelle Obama’s style. Lemongrass with green gloves isn’t my kind of look, but she is fabulous and I can’t wait to see what she wears next
- I’m also finding the Obama girls beyond adorable too. And wearing J.Crew? Even better. I love J.Crew too and the fact that they are sensible about where they shop makes me like them more
- What is up with men wearing sunglasses indoors at night. Let’s pause to enjoy the Corey Hart 80s song reference. Why do guys think this is cool? Even with the half tinted shades, it can border on d-bagness if done wrong. Tip: it doesn’t make you cooler!
- I’m having trouble losing the weight I put on over the holidays. I know it won’t fall off overnight but the fact that it’s not going away is taking a toll on my self-esteem
- Lately my gym has been a scene of unique characters, including women with dark, unshaved armpits, lots of boob action and guys flexing in front of women working out. I shouldn’t be surprised given that I am a freak magnet
- My buddy Megan sent me a link to a site with “fashion slips” (as in slips for clothing.) I think these are adorable and I totally want the one with ostrich feathers and rhinestones. Allows me to channel my inner Carrie Bradshaw
- I love the Office. I will always love it, but lately, I’ve been a little disappointed. I still love Jim, Pam, Dwight and Kelly, but the writing hasn’t been that great this season and I feel a little let down. But then I see a picture like this and it gets me through :) (I love you!)
- Ashley and Rebekah shared an article from Spike.com about “The 7 Best Butterbodies.” I could go on for hours about why this is offensive and how wrong this a**hole guy is about these women, but I don’t want to give him any more recognition than I have by mentioning the article. So I’ll just give him the middle finger and remind him to call his mom to tell her what he wants for dinner tonight
- I don’t care what anyone says. Aretha’s bow is bad a** and being the diva she is, she should rock a hat like this. You go girl