So my last post was a little heavy topic-wise, I thought I would lighten it up a little today with some fun bullets!
Let’s check out what’s noodling around in my noggin.
- Over the weekend, I bought a summer dress from JCrew for 10.25 percent off (no sales tax.) And I am LOVING it. Even though I’ve only worn it in my apartment because…it’s not summer outside…yet, I cannot wait for it to warm up so I can wear it. The dress is a shorter version of this one in chocolate brown
- And because I’m weak, I also bought more JCrew argyle socks, which I’m am obsessed with. I have four pairs now and have my eye on two more pairs. I don’t know why I’m obsessed with it, but I feel like it allows me to indulge my inner preppy personality…and I like it!
- For some reason, I have been very forgetful lately, which is unlike me. I can remember very random things about anyone. My recent incidents include: running into walls, nearly missing dentist appointments and forgetting parties I’ve RSVP’ed for. It appears as though my mind is scattered
- Tomorrow starts Chicago Restaurant Week and I am so excited I could spit. For one week each year, select Chicago restaurants open their doors and serve prix fixe lunches and dinners for $22 and $32 respectively. This year I’m going to four restaurants: Prosecco, Carnivale, Le Colonial and Coco Pazzo. Expect pictures from the first two places on Sunday
- Speaking of Sunday, it’s Oscar time and my work is doing a pool. Fortunately, I just got my Oscar edition of Entertainment Weekly so I’m ready to put my $2 in and vote. Keep your fingers crossed that I win!
- Also, I’m f*cking TIRED of this winter weather. Today was minus zero again with the wind chill and now another winter storm is heading our way. I’ve lived in the Midwest my entire life, but suddenly, warmer, non-winter climate is lookin’ real good
- I’m still puzzled by a man at the gym who was headbanging to his iPod one minute and then admiring himself in the mirror while moving his hips in Shakira-like fashion. People at my gym are weird
Also, since the Oscars are Sunday, I will be featuring the best/worst dressed stars on Monday. Feel free to prepare yourself for the lack of mercy I will show by checking out my past SAG and Golden Globes recaps.