You all know that I’m not the best in the kitchen, but I love a good meal and last night I was very fortunate to attend the Common Threads World Festival 2009 at the Museum of Contemporary Art, which had food and chefs from some of Chicago’s best restaurants.
- Seeing Gail Simmons, Top Chef judge and Food & Wine editor, within the first two minutes of arriving and saying (loudly,) “OMG it’s Gail, I die!” FYI: she is gorgeous in person, skinny and petite while rocking sky-high heels
- Hunting down Stephanie Izard from Top Chef Season 4 and over enthusiastically saying how excited I am to meet her, like several times, oh and how I “hunted her down” to meet her. Probably thinks I’m c-r-a-z-y!
- Getting winked at (twice!) by Michelle Bernstein. So cute and petite (just like me)
- Saying hi to Mr. Graham Elliott Bowles himself and having him offer to shove leftover caramel popcorn in my purse. Really wish I brought a bigger bag
- Best meal: Pork and pasta by Michelle Bernstein. Why was it so good? Perfectly cooked meat that melts in your mouth. Why was it also good? Butter and cream. Num and nummier
- Best meal runners-up: Goat cheese from Les Nomades and Swedish pancake with goat cheese from Blackbird
- Most bittersweet dish: Pork and shrimp by Stephanie Izard. It was good, but a little underseasoned for my taste. Still love her though
- Best drink: Trust me, I behaved myself, but the champagne, Gran Marnier and pomegranate juice concoction was very lovely
- Other reality-star sighting: Ken from season two of Make Me A Supermodel (he was smiling with his eyes)