I woke up this morning to a winter wonderland. Seriously. Blizzard-like conditions in Chicago with several inches by 8 a.m. Here are some pictures: snow
, more snow
. I was rather perplexed by this (and irritated) so I hibernated (with candy) and caught up on more reading, so let’s hit the key learnings.
- High heels look sexy but they are the devil
- No matter how full I am, there is always room for candy and/or cake
- I hate asking friends to bum cash when I accidentally leave it at home (which rarely happens)
- When buying a dress, fit is key, but make sure you leave some room to eat (sometimes, you need it)
- Groomsmen always look a little hotter than normal at a wedding, something about the suit
- Sometimes on a bad day, Chipotle can taste like sweet heaven
- Some of the best Friday nights include: comfy pants, magazines and cleaning out the DVR, all while relaxing on the couch
- RedBox may be my new best friend
- The movie Australia isn’t great, but Hugh Jackman without a shirt is on fabulous
- Twilight is much better upon second viewing, coupled with low expectations for the film
- When dumpster diving, dress appropriately, if possible
- Cobblestone and high heels do not mix well
I mentioned last week that I was nervous about going to a wedding sans date,
but I have to say, I had a great time going as a single lady.
and my co-worker Laura were my “dates” to Rebecca’s
wedding at the Conservatory
last night and everything was just beautiful. Despite the rain and cooler temps, everyone had a great time in a gorgeous setting of flowers and plants. Check out this picture of us sexy ladies!
So the JCrew dress was out because of the weather, but I still think my backup outfit works :)
The food was amazing (imagine seasoned chicken breast, chilled pea soup, bacon wafer and full candy bar) and we had a choice of six amazing cakes from Bon Bon
to pick from, including margarita, mango and strawberry shortcake. For me, the mango and strawberry shortcake were the best and let’s just say, I was STUFFED by the end of dinner service.
And although I forgot my plastic baggie for the candy bar, the bride and groom provided some for us (thank goodness!) and I had a nice treat to enjoy today, starting at 9:45 a.m. Thanks to Twitter support, it’s apparently never too early to get started.
It was such a nice evening. The ladies and I gossiped, talked, laughed and had a great time. They were great company, and I was able to catch up with my knitting crew, who all looked lovely. The best touch of the night had to be the awesome placecard/drink savers we all received too. Rebecca is so sweet, keeping me from having a roofie put in my beverage :) Awesome idea.
Anyhow, Rebecca looked stunning and as always, hosted a wonderful party. Congrats to the bride and groom!
So how was everyone else’s weekend? See any movies or do anything fun?
Thanks everyone for playing the Desert Island
game. Know there was a lot of information to include in that post so feel free to go back and add answers or answer just a few of them. I realized after a few comments that I asked for a lot :)