The rumor is that Chicago is going to have summer-like weather this weekend so to get me in the spring frame of mind, I’m putting out my list of spring pros and cons.
- Baseball (except when the Cubs traffic makes my commute home miserable)
- Fireworks (watching them over the lake is amazing)
- Massive heat – I know, you can’t win
- Humidity – Fro’ hair, here I come!
- Having to shave my legs regularly – Goodbye shaving every two weeks
I have also officially transitioned my closet to spring. Goodbye winter sweaters and boots and hello gauzy tops and camis. Yes, I’ve transitioned my closet but I still don’t know what to wear for nice weather!
Lately, I’m obsessed with summer dresses. I love wearing skirts and dresses because I hate wearing shorts/pants when it’s warm out. I love the feeling of my legs being liberated, minus watching the wind do I don’t let everyone see my underwear (it’s happened).
Here are some of my new spring clothes that I’m obsessed with:
- Light, button down tops (example from the Gap) – Work-appropriate without being stuffy or too formal
Does anyone else have trouble dressing for spring weather? What are your spring pros/cons? Or what are you the most excited to wear now that it’s getting warm outside?
Reader note: Thank you everyone for the great comments on your “type” of guy. It was a dead heat between All-American guys/bad boys, with the bad boys just squeaking out as the most popular ;)