- On nice spring days, forcing yourself to sit outside for lunch is the best decision you’ll make
- Female adult toys are not meant to by DIY. I don’t want to provide my own “motion in the ocean” or worry about it getting “stuck up there”
- It’s okay to reduce the waiter’s tip if your brunch meal was, well, forgotten about
- Cupcakes are the perfect dessert for any meal, brunch, breakfast, lunch, dinner, anything
- Finding a great deal on a high-ticket item is a great feeling (my friend Liz found a $148 coat a JCrew for $29.99 on sale, score!)
- Shredded and holey leggings are not a good idea. Actually, any clothing with these embellishments isn’t a good idea
- Ice cream and/or beer on a hot day tastes so good!
- Flip flops are not made to withstand walking in a rainstorm
- Watching a thunderstorm can be surprisingly soothing
- Speidi’s wedding is the most unholy union ever. And Spencer is still a d-bag
- I will not just wake up one day with six-pack abs. No matter how much I wish I would
Friday was the first real day of summer-like weather in Chicago and after a long winter and cool spring, it was SO nice. I even made sure to get away from my desk and go outside to get some sunshine. The first mild sunburn of the season could happen any day now.
Oh and I visited my local Berry Chil
l on Friday to get some relief from the heat and sample what everyone in my office has been talking about. Overall, it wasn’t bad, and I think I broke even by having fruit and M&Ms; together on my fro yo. Yeah, that’s how it works.
Chicago food review
I’ve mentioned here before that I’m not exactly a “foodie,” but lately, I’m obsessed with going out and trying new places. I even keep a list of restaurants in Chicago that I want to go to so I don’t forget.
Saturday I met up with April at Southport Grocery
and had the most amazing omelet with: egg, gruyere cheese, leek and mushrooms. It was amazing and very filling. Plus, its red potato mash (aka hash browns) were great too. And with one of its famous cupcakes, it was a great brunch. Definitely want to go back again.
Then after walking and moving all that food around, I met up with the lovely, well Jamie Lovely
for dinner at Feast
in Bucktown. Great ambiance and thanks to Open Table, we didn’t have to wait for a table. And my herbed goat cheese-stuffed chicken breast with gnocchi, spinach and cherry tomatoes was insanely good. Somehow, I even found room for the dessert special, raspberry creme brulee. Yes, I don’t need to eat again for two days.
But this is much better than my usual dinners of cereal or waffles, so I’m making progress!
Pull Your Shirt Down
Finally, I need to put “on notice” something new today. I know, two recent “on notice” entries, it’s scary. I’m putting “on notice” today people who wear ill-fitting shirts. This weekend, I saw WAY too many muffin tops, and I wasn’t even in a bakery!
I know it’s warm, I know it feels good to wear lighter-weight clothing and I know you want to show that you’re hot sh*t, but seriously PULL YOUR SHIRT DOWN. I don’t want to see your massive tramp stamp, hairy or pimply skin around your midsection.
Okay, I’m not at my best “summer weight” right now either, but sweet lord, if that shirt doesn’t fit, go to Old Navy and buy a new one for $5 because I can guarantee you that I don’t want to see another spare tire, I have my own. Thanks.
How was every one else’s weekend? Was the weather nice by you? Do anything fun?