27 May 2009

Mating season: Hot time, summer in the city

I don’t want to sound too optimistic, but summer could be returning soon to Chicago (finally). And while I’m celebrating the joyful return of warm weather and open-toed shoes, something else is getting started in the city: mating season.
(insert Jaws theme music)
Oh that’s right, the weather isn’t the only thing heating up this spring.
The warm weather not only throws off how you should dress, but also, how you view members of the opposite sex. Suddenly that winter, wool coat and scarf disappear and guys start wearing just suit or cotton jackets over dress shirts. And yes, I swoon.
Actually, I objectify them with my mind and dream about doing naughty things to them. Oh yes, khaki rips easily, just like buttons.
Sorry, got sidetracked. That’s the great thing about the “spring heat” phase we all hit, suddenly you remember how cute guys and ladies look in light, springy clothing, how much happier they are waiting for the bus and the fact that they’re not ducking into doorways or putting on as many layers as humanely possible.
And, I know winter boots and Uggs are not the most attractive, but you cannot discount the warmth they offer.
I am a SUCKER for guys in dress shirts (especially blue ones) and khakis with loafers and a messenger bag. I will stare at them on the bus like they are a piece of meat to devour and make them uncomfortable with my glare.
So the question for tonight is, what clothing items do you love seeing your guy/girl wear once spring rolls around? Or what do they wear that you think they look the most attractive in? And yes, “nothing” is an acceptable answer too! Or I’ll make it easy and you can share what your favorite spring/summer clothing item is. Lots of questions to choose from!
Note: Thanks everyone for the great comments on yesterday’s mani/pedi post. I’m so glad that just about everyone enjoys them. And I do agree with many of you that mani’s get messed up easily so pedi’s are a “better investment.” Oh I’m dreaming of getting a pedi right now.

I love when my husband wears cargo shorts. He has the sexiest legs. MEOW.

2. Jenn says:

a bright colored polo shirt (like almost lime green) nice jeans and brown leather flip flops. gets me every time. my husband used to not be such a good dresser – now he lets me shop FOR him. hooray! :)

3. Katelin says:

i love the dress shirt, shorts and flip flop look. seriously i’m such a sucker for it when matt wears it, le swoon. haha.

4. i love when guys wear polo shirts (in any color). i don’t know what it is but a properly fitting polo shirt gets me EVERY time.

5. All about girls in shorts. Pretty easy for me.

6. Moonjava says:

Dress shirts are definitely yummy! I’m ok with either jeans or khakis. The shirts just need to fit well. Rolled up sleeves for some reason is hot too, I think it’s because I can ogle their arms. I’m a big arm person! ;)

7. Cheryl says:

Love khakis. Also, I love a suit. It’s crisp and clean and makes me swoon a bit. Just a bit though.

8. Guys in swimming trunks and sunglasses sporting a nice tan and killer abs. THIS is why I love summer ;)

9. SoMi's Nilsa says:

I love it when a straight man is comfortable enough in his own skin to wear a pink button down. Hot!

But, personally, I love the casual clothes way better. I love it when Sweets throws on a t-shirt, jeans and flip flops. A baseball hat and beer in hand make the look complete. Love!

10. Kyla Roma says:

I love when it gets just a little bit warmer too – I think *everyone* looks better when they’re not fighting the elements no matter what they’re wearing!

11. laurwilk says:

I looove shirtless tan boys. I want to bite their shoulders! (Whoa.)

I’m with you though – not a huge fan of overcoats so generally all boys don’t look that attractive to me in the winter. A thin white shirt with some muscles..mmm.

And I love dresses! Did you wash your navy JCrew dress yet? I washed mine…it’s sort of fitting weird. Both before and after the wash. Sad. :( Can you get cotton dresses altered?

12. liferehab says:

I love guys without shirts on… on my way home there are a lot of big houses with big lawns and guys are always mowing and gardening w/o shirts on… yummy.

My fave outfit for me are my new plaid shorts, white sandals, and a couple layered tanks. I wear it whenever I’m not at work. At work, I love dresses b/c they make me feel so girly.

13. Angela says:

A t-shirt that fits a guy perfectly, hugging but not tight, with a good pair of jeans. Or, I’m a sucker for a uniform–cop, fireman, Marines (don’t get me started thinking about the Marine dress uniform! gah! I turn to jelly). Or I’m a sucker for a UFC fighter in his shorts.

Let’s just settle with the fact that I’m boy crazy.

14. Andhari says:

Suits. In any weather actually.

Yum.

15. Kendall says:

For me? Because as soon as spring starts to come around, the skirts come out and I am a happy man.

16. RebeccaC says:

Men wearing in jeans and a simple white Hanes t-shirt are my weakness…. perhaps the fact that this is JiT’s standard uniform speaks to why I love him so much?

17. Pam says:

I love this post. You are absolutely right, there is nothing hotter than a guy in a khakis and a light blue button up with the sleeves rolled up. I find that khakis accentuate guys’ bums so nicely. (And yes, I’m totally the creepy girl that stares at them on the bus.)

Bobtail on Sunday sounds good to me! This is actually my first free weekend in ages and I couldn’t be more excited.

18. Vintage/unique t, distressed jeans and flip flops and having grown up showing horses there is just something about a guy in Wrangers, cowboy boots and a good hat.

19. I must confess, as much as I adore spring/summer itself, I far prefer men in winter clothing. There’s just something so attractive about a nice sweater ;)

20. Maki says:

Tanned skin, kahki shorts, rolled up white shirts & black flip flop….. I would totally follow him like a little chick – oh so divine :)

21. lbluca77 says:

I too enjoy a man in a dress shirt but for summer time a t-shirt, shorts and flip flops on a man and I am good to go.

As long as the man has nice feet. Not all men should be permitted to show their feet in public.

22. Meri says:

I like how my dude looks in polo shirts. Never thought I would particularly like that look, but somehow it just makes him look so rockin’. I also dig the casual khakis and dress shirt combo.

23. ChicagoSane says:

Any spring dresses work for me. Above the knee. Shoulders. Neck. Upper back, preferably not destroyed by horribly ugly tattoos.

Yum. I’ve been a happy and horny man these past few Chicago weeks.

I got a nice compliment from a girl almost half my age on my suit top last week. She walked right up to me and said “I loooOOooove your jacket.” Gave me a permasmile all day, bigger than the one I usually wear.

24. Lacey Bean says:

Dave would never wear this cause he hates flip flops, but I love a guy wearing dark jeans, a button down, blazer and nice flip flops. SWOON.

25. Mandy says:

I completely agree — dress shirt with the sleeves rolled back with khaki’s causes my heart to beat a little faster. Also, a man in jeans that fit oh so perfectly and a tight fighting t-shirt. *drooling*

26. EP says:

I’m totally with you on this one. I love when my boy wears simply dress pants and a button down shirt. So attractive. Or a bathing suit. Or something else springy…

27. Blaez says:

i can’t just pick 1 or a few things that makes men sexy…

my man in his shop (yes shop not cop) uniform turns me on! those car mechanic blues *drooling* always tight on the ass…

and a nice businessy casual is good too. when we go out places that require dressup and he puts on his pants and button up shirt its hard for me to keep my hands off him! lol

sorry, TMI anyone??

28. I 100% agree with you, the dress shirt rolled up with khakis and I am sold. I’m just thinking about it now and I’m happy…

29. phampants says:

Sundresses are heavenly on girls during the summer.

BTW, you’re freaking hilarious. This post is great!