That’s right. I was touched by the right hand of fashion and style, Tim Gunn. Actually, we hugged. And yes, I almost screamed out loud like a teeny bopper waiting at the mall. But we’ll get to that later.
This past weekend was BlogHer and I love it because I get to hang out with awesome people I read all the time, get my geek on and party like a blog star.
And this year was no different. I got to meet up with some of my favorite bloggers from San Fran last year and discovered three new blog crushes: Modern Gal, Life in Pink (who has the best laugh ever) and Chookooloonks. I actually fell in love with Karen while we were talking after a session she moderated. No joke.
There were a lot of highlights from this year’s conference, and I’ve put them together in a little list and photo montage for you below.
- Sit-down dinner at the Signature Room (thank you Brand About Town). Our table kicked a**! I’ll never look at a scratching post or think about dry humping the same way again
- BowlHer/Cheeseburger party. I won’t lie, I was so drunk I don’t remember a lot of both parties, but if I slapped your butt, tried to pull your shirt down and/or grab your boob. I’m sorry (sort of)
- Lunch! OMG the lunch food was so much better than last year. I got to sit and eat family style with awesome people. Win, win
- Sheraton hotel beds. I’m not kidding, it was one of the best beds I’ve ever been in. It was like sleeping on a cloud, wrapped in a hug (and you know how I love to hug)
- Friends. I’ve said this before but I’m so fortunate to have great blog friends. One bought me champagne to congratulate me on finishing my work at the conference and everyone was so supportive when I thought I might lose my mind
- Wooing. BlogHer can be a little overwhelming so to keep our group of bloggy ladies together, we adopted the “woo” chant, a la HIMYM. Silly? Maybe, but it works
Okay here are some of my favorite photos.
Me and Tim Gunn – Yes, that is the look of pure joy on my face
Me and Edward Cullen – I think that is the only clean picture we took with him :)
Photo of me, April and Rick Bayless. Me = Super Top Chef fan
So that was BlogHer 2009 in Chicago. And let me just say, it blew my skirt up (not literally).
We’ll see you b*tches in NYC next year. Woo woo!!
Tonight’s question! If you had the chance to meet one celebrity, who would it be and why!
Reader note: Thank you everyone for your sweet words about the new blog design! I’m super happy with it and am so glad you’re joining me over here. Your comments definitely made my day!
Site updates: Sorry about the little feed issue last night. Google went a little crazy on me. So sorry! Working on resolving that issue now. Stupid feeds. Also, the “Subscribe in Google Reader” link on the right is now working!