30 July 2009

My kind of reality show

I’ve talked about my love of reality TV before on this blog, in fact, Alexa has written why she’s not the Bachelorette and Katelin even talked about what she’s tired of in the reality TV-world, so it got me thinking, what kind of reality show would I be on?

I like romance but honestly, taking me out on romantic dinners all the time, going on exotic trips and destination dates is not the way to completely win me over. Oh don’t get me wrong, these things are nice but there is an easier way to go about it.

Today, I decided to design my own reality dating show. Move over┬áDaisy of Love, it’s time to list out what guys would do on my show to win my affection.
Sure, dates are nice but I need a man who can not only create romance, but also be real. The kind of guy that doesn’t turn into a toad when the show is over and has skills beyond making out and heavy petting. Although that is nice too. Wink, wink.
So here is what guys will do on this reality dating show to try and get a rose from me:
  • Paint my apartment – OMG a guy who could successfully help me paint my living room/dining room would be a gem
  • Hang pictures and my massive Pottery Barn mirror – nothing says hot like driving a nail into the wall. Hey-oh!
  • Reach things in high places – I’m sure watching me jump for or climb on things to reach tall items is enjoyable for them, but not for me
  • Not leave balled-up wet towels on the floor (gross)
  • Let me have control of the remote sometimes (no, I won’t torture him either by just watching Bravo or Lifetime)
  • Make a nice dinner (I’m a no frills girl anyhow but for coming home and seeing him cook, hot)
So that is my list of activities guys will have to do on my dating reality show to win my affection. I need a guy who can hang pictures and then take me out. Trust me, that increases your chances of heavy petting…because the pictures I have to hang are pretty heavy for me to hold up :)
What would guys have to do on your reality show to win you over?
Blog note: I’ve finally started adding reviews on the review blog here, so far I have two up and running. That blog also has a Google Reader/RSS feed as well
Reader note: Thank you everyone for your feedback on telling JohnBoy about my site. I have some thinking to do about how to handle it but your thoughts were really helpful.

1. SarahBeth says:

Great list! Although if I was going to create or be on a reality TV show I would choose one that involves traveling around the world, Amazing Race style. TV romances never last so it would all be a waste…

2. You have an interesting list. I’m not going to lie, I’m kind of an awesome cook, but I’m not sure about painting….I think that could be a big ‘ol PITA.

3. Lollygagger says:

Like a lot of girls here, I would love if a guy could cook. But that’s mostly b/c I suck at it.

My true test would be: recommending me a book. I don’t have to necessarily like it, but it must intrigue me in some way, shape or form.

4. buy me expensive purses, open the door for me, buy me expensive shoes, organize my closet, detail my car and give me sweet sweet loving.

5. emily says:

This is interesting to think about for sure. A good twist on the typical list of traits one is looking for in a partner. My list would be very similar, especially being able to cook a good meal and carry heavy things.

6. If I could find a guy who cooks, cleans and plays an instrument then I’d be a VERY happy, happy girl.

I would def. tune in to that : )
    Great list!

i would totally have him cook for me. that really is a plus in guys. and um would watch ‘speed’ with me. that’s a given. haha.

9. heidi says:

hahaha that list is awesome. it would be even better if you got to smack their asses while they painted and hung up pictures :D

10. Ali says:

Oh, interesting and fun post! Off the top of my head, I’m going to say they’d have to tolerate my occasional anal retentiveness. Yes, that is a must. Because I get like that. Yeah.

Also, they’ve gotta give me my alone time (and I’m sure they’d want some of that for themself as well). If I don’t have me some of that, I kinda sorta lose my mind.

I could go on, but I’ll spare ya!

11. Angela says:

I’d have all the contestants look like Flex with different personalities so I could whittle them down to the perfect man.

just bringing me chipotle after a day of work & graduate school is enough to make me happy. Bonus: watching a chick flick with me and not gagging through it.

13. April says:

I can help you paint. Not to toot my own horn, but I am a pretty good painter. Plus I like what it does for the arm muscles. :)

14. I have a post I’m working on sorta similar… great list though! Sometimes it’s all about the small things :)

15. Jenn says:

yes you could also torture them by making them watch hgtv and food network ;)

16. Maxie says:

If someone would drive me around that would be enough.

I love this list — a man cooking dinner for me makes me a very happy girl.

18. Sarah says:

I totally agree with your list! While great make out partners are awesome to have around, they best have skills beyond. On my list? A man who does the dishes. I’ll bring the soap!