17 August 2009

My birthday list

My birthday is coming up (fast) and I have no idea what I want. Dad is asking almost daily and I honestly have no idea.

He apparently didn’t like my first answer which was, “a pony.”

No, it’s not very practical for the city but they’re so PRETTY!

Normally on birthdays, I rotate between getting myself a new purse (example: Speedy last year) or jewelry and because this year marks an entrance into a new decade, I think jewelry might be the most appropriate gift.

But because I need options, I’ve listed below some awesome stuff I would love to have for my birthday, some more realistic than others.

secondary-3

Wii. Actually a Wii plus a Wii Fit. I really want to faux bowl or play tennis at home after a long daywms_ts_lg

Bose soundsystem. I love playing music (loudly) at home and this would definitely bring it up to an 11

Marc Jacobs. I LOVE the color. I cannot take my eyes off of it

mexico_coast_progreso

Trip to the beach. This might have to wait until January/February but I am dreaming about it already

tiffany_co_box_logo

Anything from here. Preferrably of the sparkly earring, necklace or bracelet variety (nothing says 30 like diamonds!)

david-yurman-confetti-cuff

Or a funky piece of jewelry like this from David Yurman. I love the detail and multiple bangles

pic_001

Nikon. I’ve been salivating over one for a long time. Might be my year to get it

erez-1

Love this necklace from JCrew. Actually multiple things from JCrew would be a lovely gift

41B7DE9MK1L._AA280_

A recent trip to Dave & Buster’s brought back my love of Skeeball. Practical? No. Fun? YOU BET

9231208_sa

Okay, okay, if the Nikon doesn’t work out, I definitely need a new point-and-shoot. Mine is not up to par anymore

tony pony

What? A pony? Well…..OKAY! Who’s a pretty pony? You are!

Like I said, some are more realistic than others but, I think there is a good mix here.

If you could pick ONE THING, anything, literally anything for your birthday, what would it be? Or what have you always wanted but never received?

1. Miss Grace says:

When’s your birthday? Mine’s coming up fast too!

2. Angela says:

EW JESSICA DON’T SAY YOU’RE GOING TO BE 30!!! That sounds too old. Just say you’re a “mature 29″ hahahaha

If I could get anything I would def. want a cruise to the Caribbean! :)

4. Heather says:

Girl, we SO need to meet for lunch one of these days so I can show you my MJ bag in that gorgeous purple color…slightly different style, though. So perfect all year round! Miss you!

5. Rebecca_C says:

A puppy!!!!! Can I have one JiT? Pretty Pleeeeeeeeezzzzzzeeeee. Can we get one? Can we? Can we? JiT? Please? Can we?

I have a purse the exact color of that Marc Jacobs and I get soooooo many compliments on it:) That is my vote for what you should get:)

7. i would take every single thing you listed.

WE have excellent taste.

let the birthday countdown begin!

8. Melissa says:

anyone know where to find the bag??

9. Melissa says:

Anyone know where to find the b e a u t i f u l bag?

10. MinD says:

A chair. I want a big, cushy chair for my living room. Ha.

And I have a Wii. They are AWESOME. Ponies, too, but I don’t have one of them. =(

11. Courtney says:

My birthday is coming up too! I don’t know what I want either but I’m treating myself to a new hairdo. But if I was to pick something out of your list of suggestions, I’d definitely pick the Marc Jacobs bag–it really is amazing, especially the color. I want it!

oooh i want it all. that bag is amazing! seriously the purple, is divine! and if you go to the beach, i believe we have some fabulous ones here in socal :)

13. Paula says:

LOVING the purple bag!!! Since my birthday is coming up too (well, it’s a month and a half away) maybe I should do something similar…

14. Rachel Burton says:

I just got the Nikon D90 and have fallen madly in love. Make it happen; you only turn 30 once!

15. That is seriously a droolworthy list! I LOVE the Marc, but I also highly recommend the Nikon–I love that even *I* can take a pretty dang awesome photo with it ;) But seriously, you can’t go wrong with anything on that list… except for maybe the pony…

16. I am literally salivating over that beautiful marc jacobs. WANT.

Since you did splurge on a hot bag last year, I say treat yourself to a fab piece of jewelery or tropical vacation!

Personally, I would treat myself to a beach vacation because I cannot get enough of sand, sun and drinks with umbrellas.

17. phampants says:

Skeeball FTW! Seriously, that would be the most random and awesome thing have in an apt/house.

18. Hal says:

Given that I just had my birthday and still haven’t gotten myself a gift I completely understand ur indecisiveness. I believe I have settled on getting myself an ipod touch b/c it’s sooooo fun! and i also have the oldest ipod nano known to earth, literally the first version they came out with so I think I deserve it.

I’ve also been toying with the idea of skydiving though too….decisions decisions!

19. Lacey Bean says:

A surprise party. I would LOVE it if someone threw one for me.

20. Jenn says:

my birthday is this weekend and i was having the HARDEST time coming up with a gift idea until one of my coworkers showed me her Kindle. Now I simply must have one! Want to add that to your list? :)

Also – keep getting emails from best buy about free financing on purchases ove $499 for 18 months. You could get your camera from there (I’ve been considering doing the same with a Canon Rebel)!

Nice list! I like the look of that J. Crew necklace but I always feel weird when I wear big jewelry like that.

My dream birthday gift? I’d love to magically be able to sustain running an 8 minute mile for more than one mile before collapsing.

Or another California vacation. We’ll see which one happens first :-)

22. Pam says:

My birthday is actually coming up and I am getting a Wii, whether Hubby knows it or not, I’m getting it. But now the Marc Jacob bags looks so nice and beautiful….Hmmm choices.

Love David Yurman & that you know who he is =)

Extravagant request: trip to Napa Valley in CA.
    “Normal,” request: shopping spree/new clothes + shoes + jewelry. I figure if my family all works together that would be possible!

How many days until your birthday?

24. Ray says:

I am with you on the jewelery. I think its time I grow up and get some more real pieces and ditch some of the costume jewelery.

25. At the moment… top of my list is a trip to Ireland. That includes a passport since I don’t have one.

But I did ask my father for an iPod touch for my birthday…and he actually got one for me. And it’s a fun little toy. I’m amazed that I can go on facebook and check my email from my iPod.

26. Shannon says:

Ya know what I want? I want someone to give me replacements for all of the basics that I never buy…Old Navy tank tops, underwear, costume jewelry…I just want a bunch of cheap stuff. I’ve always preferred quantity over quality in my present-getting.

27. Jackie says:

I want a horse! And a more practical present… framed art. The bf and I are moving in together next year and I want some cute framed art to fancy the place up

28. L.C.T. says:

It’s my birthday next week and I’m in a similar position. I can’t really think of much that I want! I guess that’s a good position to be in. Do they think someone could find me a job as a birthday present…?

29. Cheryl says:

…..Nobody bought me a pony for my birthday…

30. Caz says:

What about a miniature pony? They’re tiny right? Pretty apartment sized I think.

(Sorry, this post just reminded me of my bff who’s always asking for a mini pony for her birthday)

31. Stevie says:

LOVE the purse! Oh my gosh, so pretty. And the Nikon? WANT.

32. Andhari says:

Another new car hahahhaa they thought its asking too much since they gave me one for my birthday like two years ago :p

Marc Jacobs bag is great, its timeless. Go for it!:)

33. Lollygagger says:

At this point in my life I would pick a job. sad. BUT if I had a job I would pick a nice camera or yoga clothes. Random. Anyways. Skeeball. Um, yes please!

34. Shannalee says:

OK, I don’t know what day your birthday’s on, but I just got really excited thinking we might share one. Mine’s the 25th. When’s yours? When’s yours?

35. lbluca77 says:

Oh that Nikon is awsome. I just bought a new lense for my camera today and can’t wait for it to arrive.

Love the list. That Marc Jacobs is beautiful, love the color too. I hope you get everything on your list. You deserve it.

Excellent list! T & Co. is always good. Also, I use a Nikon SLR at work and really would love to have one for myself (and learn how to properly use it!) The only bad part is they’re so bulky. I love being able to slip my point and shoot in my purse when I’m on vacay.

I basically want everything on your birthday list! Hope all of your birthday wishes come true. :)

38. Ummmm…purple patent leather?? YES!!

My birthday is coming up this week and I want tickets to see Cavalia, that Cirque show with horses in it. Almost like having your own pony…sort of. I haven’t told anyone though, so I probably won’t get them!

39. Those are all excellent choices :) I think that I would like a Wii. They’re just so much fun.

Ohhh the Bose sound system is divine.

I think your 30h calls for a very fun new piece of jewelry!

41. Pam says:

Ok wow, that Marc Jacobs bag is ahhhhmazing. The color is so glorious and it looks so nice and soft, like you could pet it. How about that hot little bag filled with Tiffany’s jewelry and plane tickets to an exotic tropical island (Fiji!)? That would be quite nice. They’re all great choices!

My dream birthday gift would Jimmy Fallon, Justin Timberlake, Jake Gyllenhaal and Edward Cullen popping out of a gigantic Bobtail ice cream cake. Too creepy? Then I might settle for a Wii…or a trip to Australia. I dream big :)

42. Ali says:

A trip to Europe! Done and done.

I don’t ask for much, ha!

43. ohhhh, those sound like fun birthday presents.

though mine was a few weeks ago, i’m getting a new camera or a bike from my parents, i haven’t decided yet.

but i would go with a vacation or jewelry as 30 is a big birthday!

and thanks, i’m a big outdoorsy person!