The last two days in Chicago have proven to me that it’s officially fall. Yeah, I tried to hide from it and still wear my cute summer clothes, but I do hate being cold and soon enough a summer dress may just look silly.
So it’s fall now. Thanks weather, I got the memo.
It’s still going to take time to really let this sink in, but I want to be positive and list the things I am looking forward to with this change of season:
- Leaves changing colors – I don’t see this a lot in the city, but whenever I go home, I go for a drive to enjoy them
- Scarves – I love them and wear them all the time when it cools down. Time to get them out!!
- Honey Crisp apples – These are like dessert in apple form. I always look forward to when they are in season
- Perfect sleeping weather – Cool weather + blankets = perfect night’s sleep
- Cotton jackets – Warmth without being too hot, perfect transition to the down jacket
- Smell of fall – It just smells crisp and cool, that’s the only way I can describe it
- Heated mattress pads/blankets – I love cuddling up in these with my slippers on and flannel jammies. So comfy!
- Working on my “winter coat” – I mean indulging in the treats and warm drinks/foods of the season. All in good balance with going to the gym :)
- College football!! – Yeah I love it. I plan to be watching the Minnesota/Wisconsin game on Saturday morning too!
- Farmer’s markets – so much goodness in one place
Yikes, this is very close to last year’s list too!
Anyhow, one of my favorite things about college football is home games in Madison. Unfortunately, I don’t go to many of them (given the lack of car thing) but the best part of the home games is at the beginning of the fourth quarter when the student section erupts in the well known “jump around,” to the House of Pain 90s hit. On a bad day, I listen to this song on my iPod and do a little “jump around” myself.
The video isn’t great but you can hear the crowd sing along and people standing start moving up and down almost in unison. It’s pretty awesome.
And speaking of farmer’s markets, I went to one near the capital in Madison this weekend and took some awesome photos. Sadly, I didn’t buy all of these items, but the food porn going on is more than enough for me :)
I was good and bought apples, but I did that moreso because I wanted one of these guys:
Red velvet whoopie pie
I love red velvet and cake and I think I just found the perfect combo! Oh and it does taste like heaven, although it took me forever to finish this one. Damn it’s filling.
What are you looking forward to this fall? Is it finally fall-like weather near you?
Review blog update: Yes, I’ve been behind on this, but now that it’s getting cooler, here’s my favorite nighttime moisturizer