Well tomorrow is the big day, Thanksgiving, and I am already fasting as I type this.
My parents are divorced so every year I have two Thanksgivings in one day. Moms in the morning and dads in the evening. And the first year we worked out this arrangement, I thought my stomach was going to explode from all the food. My dad found me passed out with a plate of turkey next to me and woke me up to go to bed.
The image of me passed out on a couch, drooling with turkey next to me is hilarious. I wish I had a photo of it.
Anyhow, tonight I’m on my way back to Wisconsin to be with my family, shop my heart out and try to get into the Christmas spirit.
But before that, it’s time to share a silly and serious list of what I’m thankful for this year.
- Family (we’re not perfect, but they’re mine!)
- Friends (even those I’ve been estranged from lately)
- A good job
- Good health
- No credit card debt
- A good life in a great city
Silly (this is more fun):
- Jacob’s abs (cougar time!)
- A full head of hair (I would be more thankful if I didn’t have so much gray)
- Text messaging
- John Krasinski’s hotness
- Push up bras
- Cotton leggings
- A good sense of humor
- Twitter (which will help me get through four days at home)
- Mac and cheese (or just cheese)
- Honey crisp apples
And of course, thankful for all of you :)
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!
So what are you thankful for this year? It can be silly and serious!