So tomorrow is New Years Eve, which means I’m taking a look back at 2009 and looking ahead to 2010 by making a list of resolutions.
Or as I like to call them “things I try to achieve when I’m not lazy.”
But before I go out tomorrow night, drink loads of champagne, possibly force a guy to make out with me and spend the first day of 2010 hungover on my couch, I want to highlight a few 2009 highlights (in no particular order):
- Vegas – holla bloggers!
- Boston with dad
- BlogHer 2009 – did you see this video of Katelin, Jamie and me? That’s how much fun it was
- New blog design/URL (I’m such a grown up blogger now)
- Target Bazaar party with Ed Westwick and Jessica Szohr (I die!)
- Turning the big 3-0
- Received a promotion at work (WOO!)
- First ever VLOG about my then life as a twenty something
All in all, 2009 was a pretty good year, lots going on but a lot of positive things too. So as I continuously try to become a better person, let’s look at how I plan to do that starting Friday. Oh and this is separate from the yearly pledge to lose more weight.
- Sign up for dance classes (real ones at a real dance studio)
- Run a 5k (and start the Couch to 5k program)
- Be a better friend and daughter
- Start a knitting project (other than a scarf) and FINISH it
- Make one new recipe a month
- Be more active in blogging communities in addition to my blog
Well that’s my 2009 wrap up and 2010 sneak peek for now. I hope 2010 will be as exciting and good to me as well as for all of you. I think 2010 could be the year of me!
I’ll be back this weekend with more but in the meantime, I hope everyone has a safe and Happy New Year! My New Years Day plans involve my couch, a pizza and lots of water and Naked Juice. Let’s party.
What was your 2009 highlight (blog or otherwise) or what’s your big 2010 resolution?
New movie review is up! You can read my full review of the musical Nine, get those jazz hands ready!
What I’m wearing: Sunday, I put up a picture of me wearing the below outfit over the holidays and then I didn’t share what stores I got everything from! I’m sorry! Details on my comfortable, “trendy” look are below.
Shirt: Old Navy
Long vest: Banana Republic
Leggings: Hue, purchased at Nordstrom
Necklace: Banana Republic outlet
Boots: Banana Republic
Bracelets: Old Navy (black jet beaded ones) and David Yurman
As many of you know, I’m a huge Gap/Banana/Old Navy fan. Minus the Yurman bracelets, the most expensive item from this ensemble was the boots, which were $100 on super-end-of-season sale. Everything else individually was $40 or below.