23 December 2009

Overdoing the holiday decor

Tagged: Random, Wisconsin

I saw this in my neighborhood today and I had to take a photo. This house always overdecorates for the holidays. Doesn’t matter if it’s Christmas, Halloween, Thanksgiving, 4th of July or Easter.

As you can see, this year is no exception :)

Well my lovely readers, it’s time for me to wish you all a very happy holidays and sign off for now. That’s right, I’m taking a few days off to eat, drink (a lot) and be merry with family and friends in town.

I hope everyone has a safe, happy and joyous holiday and that Santa brings you everything on your wish list.

Oh and I’m thinking of adding some movie reviews to my review blog (due to the cutbacks in shopping). So hopefully that will help me keep that updated more frequently!

Have you seen decor like this around your house? It’s so…eye catching :)

JB out.

1. Term Papers says:

It is a very interesting design. The architect of this house has a very unique and creative idea.The one in the top picture is lovely. I really like it and it looks “homey”. this wing chair looks fantastic.

2. I strictly recommend not to wait until you get enough money to order different goods! You should just take the mortgage loans or just auto loan and feel fine

3. Nici20 says:

People’s world at large would have some knowledge about why choose us. From time to time we charge custom essay review just about this post.

4. Bing says:

There is a house like that outside of my neighborhood. I’ve never seen so many inflatable decorations in my life – they had a ton of the snow globe kind. It’s insanity!

There’s an entire neighborhood near us that decorates just. like.this. We usually go and look because it’s kind of fun, if gaudy. At least they have a lot of Christmas spirit. And I have to confess that I like the penguins!

6. Katy says:

That’s a beautiful house!! My family doesn’t really celebrate anything so when I have my own family, I think I’m going to go all out for all holidays (with decorations and all) to make up for what I missed in my childhood. =P

7. barbetti says:

I had to double check that this wasn’t my MOM’S HOUSE.

But of course, she doesn’t live in the Midwest by any means, but HEY, my mom does that.

She even made me pose for a Christmas card photo in front of inflatable Santa. I was 21.

Sorry babe. You haven’t seen a truly overdone house. There is a house a few streets away from us that has at least triple the amount of decorations….and the Santa usually stays up until March. It’s insane!

9. Rebekah says:

That’s just an open invitation to any kid who gets a BB gun for Christmas.

Have a merry everything!

10. Angela says:

I hate those stupid blowup decorations. They’re so ugly.

It might look ok if it had a theme but everyone knows nutcrackers and polar bears aren’t cool, they’ve had beef for the longest time…duh….Have a happy holiday love!

12. Daryl Callahan says:

The house itself is gorgeous! I want to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and Happy Healthy New Year

Santa on a polar bear. Classic!

Happy Christmas!

14. andhari says:

LOL that’s just, wow, too much. I wanna see the picture of this house on halloween. They do the whole haunted house thingy too?

Have a great holiday, love.:)

15. Doniree says:

Oh god, there’s this house in my parents’ neighborhood that overdecorates every holiday, too! But this house of yours looks MUCH less tacky – the one in our neighborhood looks like it’s been collecting plastic figures every year for 20 years and just throws them all on the lawn, no order, just… out there. But hey – it wouldn’t be tradition with out that! Merry Christmas, lady!

16. christmas time is definitely there to say the least!

enjoy your days off and merry christmas!!! xoxo

17. Susan says:

Merry Christmas!

I’d like to see that house at night, I bet they go overboard with the lights too.

18. Kay says:

Hahaha love that you said they overdecorate for EVERY holiday…made me laugh out loud.

Have a very Merry Christmas!

19. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

20. Kyla Roma says:

Oh that’s just painful!! The first thing I think is “Oh what a beautiful house! But the people who live inside it must have just no taste at all…”

And then I wish they’d just move out and let me have their huge home because I could actually appreciate it.

21. SoMi's Nilsa says:

I think lawn ornaments need to be banned. They’re awful. Not even one looks tasteful. In my (not so humble) opinion. =)

We’ve got a house in our neighborhood whose lights “dance” in tune with the music they have piped in. It’s pretty awful, too.

22. nic says:

Ha! That’s pretty bad. On my way to work the other day I went by a house that had an actual DINOSAUR statue with a Santa hat on it in the yard. My first thought was: must have got it from Sky Mall because, seriously?

Merry Christmas! :)

23. Merry Christmas!!!
    (and am I the only one who thinks that inflatable snowmen are cute? Everyone else seems to loathe them!)

24. Jessica says:

Hahahha, that house is absolutely gorgeous (side note) but you’re right…waaaay too many inflatables there!

25. Ronnica says:

It always seems like people who have those inflatable things have too many. Perhaps they’re addictive?

26. Awesome! :)
    Have a great holiday!

27. jenn says:

wow that’s horrible. sorry you had to see that, friend! :)

have a great time up here in wisco. we’re headed to IL tomorrow during this icky weather. should take about 20 hours so we’re packing snacks! :)

You’ve got to go back and get a photo of that house at night. If that’s what it looks like in the daylight, I’d love to see what type of crazy lights they have!

Have a great holiday! Don’t let your family drive you too crazy :-)

29. Michelle says:

I HATE those blow up things! Ahh! See in my town it’s in the lower socioeconomic areas of town that houses put these things up…and I’ve gotta wonder, WHY ARE THEY SPENDING THEIR MONEY ON THEM??

30. Iva says:

Have a very Merry Christmas!!

31. Sara says:

That looks like some houses in my neighborhood. I feel like I live amongst the Griswalds!

32. Heidi Renée says:

Gaaaah, the blow up things!

33. We have people in our ‘hood who are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay worse :)

Happy holidays!

hahahaha, that is great. There are some houses in my town that literally look like Christmas threw up on them. Its hilarious.

Have a Merry Christmas Jess!

35. Yeahhhh I’d say that’s a little excessive. Festive though — gotta give them props for being in the holiday spirit! There’s a house in my neighborhood that has “lawn ornaments” like that out all year round! Pink flamingos, spinning pinwheels, reflecting balls, everything. It’s awful.