27 December 2009

Weekend recap: Holiday recap

Happy Sunday everyone!! I hope you all had a really great holiday and that Santa was extra good to each and every one of you. I had a nice few days off and am now slowly trying to remember what day it is.

Honestly, I had to write down that today is Sunday because I totally forgot. That’s what happens when you’re off for several days in a row.

Santa definitely visited my house this year and it was clear that dad told him I was a very good girl :) I’ve had some past issues of dad not following my Christmas list (which he always requests), but after a heart-to-heart about the difference between what I want/need and what he wants to give me, this year went much better.

Santa managed to fit in his sleigh for me several fun/practical things like a Wii, Wii Fit Plus, Huntress boots, yoga mat/bag, Glee seasons 1-2 CDs, JCrew/iTunes gift cards and a crock pot. Seriously, I was really excited about that crock pot. I cannot wait to bust that out!

And of course we had insane amounts of food in our house. I swear, any healthy food was replaced with M&Ms, fudge and cookies. My stepmom made a fruit salad and I devoured the entire thing because I FORGOT how good fruit tastes. Sad.

Festive ice cream cake, nummy

So all of this food meant I had to constantly wear comfortable clothing (to avoid another uncomfortable pants hissy fit) and I ended up wearing variations of this outfit anytime I went out in public. At least I was trendy.

A few other highlights of the last few days include: the first time having fondue with my work/WI buddy Lizz, seeing a few movies and not washing my hair for a few days. God, that was liberating.

Oh and I had to share a picture of my mom’s new ornament, can you guess the classic movie this appeared in? :)

How was everyone else’s holiday? What was your favorite present?

Review blog update: I’m staying strong on my no shopping pledge, but that means I’m behind in having things to review, so I’ve added movies! And my inaugural movie review is one of the best movies I’ve seen in recent memory (minus New Moon): The Young Victoria.

1. E.P. says:

That’s an ICE CREAM cake?

Amazing.

I spent most of my vacation wishing I was trendy enough to wear comfy outfits like that! It was hard to put on real pants for work this morning :-)

3. Lil Woman says:

Love the cake and ornament…too freakin cute!

4. Amy says:

Love the outfit. Can you tell us where the items you’re wearing came from?

5. you obviously were a very good girl this year!! you got great gifts!

6. Sara Strand says:

We have that ornament! Does yours plug into a light on the tree so it looks like a working lamp? :) Ours does!

7. i got my dad a crock pot for christmas and he was SO excited!

and i’m getting myself a wii fit, they seem pretty cool!

glad you had a good holiday :)

oh love your outfit, so so cute. and mmmmfestive cake.

A Christmas Story.
    What an awesome ornament.
    Santa was definitely pretty awesome for you, eh? I was blessed as well with a brand new laptop, tons of CDs I asked for and a few fun girlie things that my Santa Mom threw in for good measure.

And not washing hair? I’ve done that too. It’s great to just kick back and not be “on,” all the time!

OMG! LOVE and WANT the Christmas Story ornament!

11. jenn says:

holy crap you got a lot of stuff!! i’m super jealous :)

12. Glad to hear your holidays were good :)

13. That’s a cute outfit. I stayed in PJs for more than 24 hours — THAT was liberating too :) Glad you had a great Christmas!

14. Paula says:

Yesterday definitely didn’t feel like Sunday – it was weird!

As for my favourite present – hmmm. I didn’t get anything big but one of my friends gave me a gorgeous bag from Accessorize.

15. Vicky says:

Glad you had a great Holiday weekend… I’m all disoriented over what day it is too.

Lovely blog. Best wishes for 2010 x

16. Kristin says:

Where oh where did that Christmas Story ornament come from? So fab!

17. Okay so here’s the thing: I wore leggings as pants yesterday and I thought of you.

18. SoMi's Nilsa says:

A Christmas Story! I just watched it for the first time this weekend. Well, errr, I watched some of it and napped through the rest.

Your new hair style is really looking great – I didn’t even notice you’re wearing clothes to hide the extra layers we eat around this time of year!

19. Frajeelay…

I got some nice presents this year–lots of items with sentimental value (and I bought myself a few material “wants” too).

20. Jessica says:

Looks like you had a great holiday! I love your outfit by the way…I wore leggings all holiday because I was NOT trying to wear jeans while I was eating so much.

21. blaez says:

i watched that movie twice this weekend!! i LOVE it! especially when he gets his tongue stuck on the pole!! i know, i know, i’m horrible!!

i envy you that you got to spend the holidays with your family but we had the most quiet and delicious just the two of us christmas week. it was heaven!

22. Renee says:

That outfit is adorable! And has totally inspired me to get a pair of tights…

I am glad that Santa was so good to you! Thats a great ornament and that movie? The single greatest Christmas movie of all time…