30 December 2009

Peace out 2009 and hello 2010

So tomorrow is New Years Eve, which means I’m taking a look back at 2009 and looking ahead to 2010 by making a list of resolutions.

Or as I like to call them “things I try to achieve when I’m not lazy.”

But before I go out tomorrow night, drink loads of champagne, possibly force a guy to make out with me and spend the first day of 2010 hungover on my couch, I want to highlight a few 2009 highlights (in no particular order):

All in all, 2009 was a pretty good year, lots going on but a lot of positive things too. So as I continuously try to become a better person, let’s look at how I plan to do that starting Friday. Oh and this is separate from the yearly pledge to lose more weight.

2010 resolutions:

• Sign up for dance classes (real ones at a real dance studio)
  • Run a 5k (and start the Couch to 5k program)
  • Be a better friend and daughter
  • Start a knitting project (other than a scarf) and FINISH it
  • Make one new recipe a month
  • Be more active in blogging communities in addition to my blog

Well that’s my 2009 wrap up and 2010 sneak peek for now. I hope 2010 will be as exciting and good to me as well as for all of you. I think 2010 could be the year of me!

I’ll be back this weekend with more but in the meantime, I hope everyone has a safe and Happy New Year! My New Years Day plans involve my couch, a pizza and lots of water and Naked Juice. Let’s party.

What was your 2009 highlight (blog or otherwise) or what’s your big 2010 resolution?

New movie review is up! You can read my full review of the musical Nine, get those jazz hands ready!

What I’m wearing: Sunday, I put up a picture of me wearing the below outfit over the holidays and then I didn’t share what stores I got everything from! I’m sorry! Details on my comfortable, “trendy” look are below.

Outfit breakout:

Shirt: Old Navy

Long vest: Banana Republic

Leggings: Hue, purchased at Nordstrom

Necklace: Banana Republic outlet

Boots: Banana Republic

Bracelets: Old Navy (black jet beaded ones) and David Yurman

As many of you know, I’m a huge Gap/Banana/Old Navy fan. Minus the Yurman bracelets, the most expensive item from this ensemble was the boots, which were $100 on super-end-of-season sale. Everything else individually was $40 or below.

1. E.P. says:

You had a pretty fantastic 2009, huh? And 2010 is going to be even better, I have a feeling.

I still need to make my list of goals for the new year! I’m kind of interested in running a 5K, too!

somehow i missed this post and um LOVE our blogher video, i say we make another one this year. well obviously.

3. Finish a scarf. That’s a goal I need to set. I’m great at starting them.

4. Maxie says:

I’m a huge fan of the old navy, gap, banana combo. It’s so nice to be able to get things from the same website at the different price points.

5. AuburnKat says:

I love your outfit!

I hope 2010 is a great year for you and I can’t wait to read about it!

6. I’m totally taking belly dancing classes in 2010. Also? Hell yeah Vegas.

7. Rebecca_C says:

I’m happy to help with the recipe resolution. I’d try to help with the knitting but think I’ve forgotten how to purl. Happy NY.

8. laura says:

I had a similar resolution about a dance class a few years ago. I had always wanted to learn tap (I used to just do ballet as a kid) however my parents wouldn’t wreck as they were scared I would massacre their floorboards. So, I started tap classes and continued for 3 years. It was so much fun and I only stopped because I needed my Wednesday nights back!

9. Jessica says:

Happy new year!!!

I want to knit something this year too :)

10. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! my only goal for 2010 is to be fearless (well, as much as possible).

11. Kyla Roma says:

I’m so glad you had such a great year- and I love your grown up blogger look! Very professional!

12. I love your online dating stories and totally expected a love life resolution on there and didn’t see one! What’s up with that?!

13. jenn says:

love the outfit & happy new year! let’s resolve to actually meet up this year!!

14. Susan says:

Great resolutions! I actually did a Cardio Funk class at my friend’s gym this week and it was amazing. I’d love to get into that too. Have a fun time tonight!

15. phampants says:

Love how you say it as it is, “But before I go out tomorrow night, drink loads of champagne, possibly force a guy to make out with me and spend the first day of 2010 hungover on my couch…”

Also, if you need any extra motivation in running, you should check out my collaborative running channel: http://www.youtube.com/adorunrun Subscribe!

16. great resolutions!

i’d love to do the dance class one, that sounds like fun :)

have a great night tonight!

17. highheelgal says:

What a great 2009 you had! I think a 5k in 2010 is a great goal…start small and believe me, pretty soon you’ll be wanting to do a half marathon ;)

Happy New Year!

I have a couple things I want to accomplish but I think I’m skipping on the resolutions! :)

19. Andhari says:

I love your 2009 memorable moments recap. Party with Ed Westwick? Mee-ooow!:p

Anyhoo good luck for the resolutions. What dance classes you want to participate in? I always wanna try belly dancing but I’m not sure if I can shake booties like that and not look ridiculous. Oh well, I never know unless I try :p

Happy new year, Jessica!

20. barbetti says:

Happy New Year! And hey, grab some champagne with that pizza. It’s tradition for Steve and I to celebrate with pizza and champagne and truly, it is AMAZING with pizza. Just don’t get anything too fruity. Really, it brings out the flavors of the pizza so unbelievably!

Happy New Year babe! I expect that we should hang out regularly in 2010!

I love that you are declaring 2010 the year of you! I think a lot of us are going to be doing that. 2009 was a very transitional one for me — I became more comfortable with who I am, followed my heart, and wrote some things that were surprising even to myself. 2010 will be about pursuing those passions and challenging myself to change.

Happy New Year, Jess!

23. Allison says:

love the outfit! From a non-runner, you can run a 5K, I ran a 10K last year after never running more than 3 miles at a time and am signing up for a half marathon this May.

*hopefully will see you in Houston at Mom 2.0

24. steph anne says:

Vegas sounds like fun – I’d love to go but I don’t know, haha.

The 5k run sounds like a fun plan! I should try that too & work my way up to a marathon.

Also I’m glad to know I’m not the only one that has a problem with finishing knitting projects. ;)

25. Sounds like quite a year!

Good luck with your resolutions.

26. Amy says:

Thanks Jessica! That outfit is too cute! Think I might put together something similar and live in it for the next few days. : )

Happy 2010!

27. Kay says:

fantastic resolutions! here’s to 2010!!

I like your resolution to make one new recipe each month — I think I’m going to steal that! :)

One thing I’m planning to do in 2010 is Project 365 — taking one picture each day for the entire year and posting it to a page on my blog.

My 2009 was pretty awesome. I took an amazing road trip, celebrated my second wedding anniversary, survived three months without my husband (and thrived!), welcomed another nephew into the world, took a family vacation to Disney World and made some wonderful new friends.

29. Paula says:

I really want to RE-learn how to knit! And also lose some weight.

Here’s to a great 2010!

As a random aside, I’m not used to commenting on your blog at night. Usually due to the time difference you seem to post when I’m asleep (how dare you!!!) so I’m not used to commenting at night AND not while in the office. Just thought I’d share.

Good luck with finding a cute guy to snog tomorrow night. Since I’m not going out, I’ll be snogging my pillow I guess…