Today, I cancelled my Match.com membership. And really, I’m okay with it, even if I do feel like a little bit of a failure. I haven’t been putting in the time or energy to weed out potential d-bags and Prince Charmings and I need a break.
When it’s winter in Chicago, few people go out like they do in summer and dating is a lot more difficult.
But now that its cancelled for a few months, I realized that a small part of the winter blues are settling in and there are a few silly things I’m missing right now:
- Sunshine that actually warms your face and body
- Crush-induced butterflies
- Walks by the lake
- Seeing hot boys wearing blue dress shirts and khakis on the bus
- Not having to wear 2-6 layers of clothing to stay warm
- Kissing a boy (or sloppy makeout sessions)
- Grilling out
- Slow dancing with someone you really like
- The Office being actually funny and Grey’s Anatomy actually being interesting
- Sitting outside and reading a good book
- Skin-a-max in HD (Come on, you watch it too, don’t lie)
Hmm, after reviewing this list I’m either in heat or missing spring/summer. Maybe it’s time to start actually planning a vacation to address some of these missing needs.
Bringing home the bacon: 20sb bootleg
The 20sb bootleg award winners were announced yesterday and I’m so thrilled to share that my blog was the Last Chance winner!
That’s right, I am proudly posting that badge on this post to show off how happy I am that I won (seriously, I’m beaming) and say a big thank you to everyone in the 20sb network who voted for me.
You made my week and you all get a big inappropriate hug the next time I see you. Be ready.
Has anyone else hit the winter blues yet? January might be a little early :) Or what are you missing right now? It can be on TV, from boys or anything!
Movie review reminder: The Lovely Bones review is still up and a new review will be posted this weekend!