28 January 2010

Spring shoe love

Tagged: Fashion, shopping

I’m not a shoe girl, I’m a purse girl. But lately, I’ve been cheating on purses with shoes because when I see a row of shoes, I get a warm, fuzzy feeling inside.

But I have a love/hate relationship with high heels so I’ve been loving flats. They are much more comfortable!

And now that every store has spring stuff out (bathing suits when it’s 10 degrees outside? REALLY?), I’m out mentally shopping for new flats (that I don’t need) that are tres cute.

So last weekend I went to the happiest shoe place on earth, Nordstrom, and used my Blackberry to take some paparazzi-like photos. Turns out, sales associates are not fans of that, so I had to go rogue.

Here’s what I saw that I loved!

Kelsei Dagger “Tansy” flat. I love pearls, diamonds and layered necklaces. And this incorporates all of my loves in one place. I die!

Linea Paolo (link unavailable). Zipper accents seem to be pretty popular lately and i love that it’s a great accent without being too overwhelming on the shoe

Sperry Boat Shoe. Love the bold color and shine. Perfect for casual workday and weekend. Boat not necessary, but could be cute with straight leg jeans and a loose top

B.P “Frankie” Flat. Love the color, stitching and shine. Plus it looks super close to these JCrew flats that I adore but these are much more affordable

I’m pretty sure I’m going to have to adopt one or two of these into my closet for spring. That’s just the humane thing to do.

I even found these Burberry beauties for Valentine’s Day. SO CUTE.

Are you a fan of high heels or flats? What do you prefer to wear on a daily basis?

1. Hi, i believe that i saw you visited mmy blog thuus i got
    here to go back the favor?.I am trying to in finding
    issues too improve my site!I suppose its adequate to mke use of a few of your ideas!!

my pqge … seo Stevenage (http://www.slideshare.net)

2. Cass says:

FYI – the Linea Paolo’s are now on the website. Shop like you mean it…or watch it like a hawk ’til they go on sale. ;-)

3. Elle says:

I WANT THAT FIRST PAIR! Seriously, they’re beautiful!

4. Akirah says:

I LOVE the first two pictures! So cute. Sometimes I take pictures of things I love in stores, but then I usually end up buying them, so the sales associates don’t hate me. I’m a people pleaser.

5. MinD says:

That first pair of shoes, with the pearls, is too adorable for words.

I’m definitely a flats girl. You would assume otherwise, considering I’m only 5’1″, but I can’t wear heels for a health reason… I mean, I sort of can, but they don’t look good.

Anyway… Ha.

6. Linda says:

I am fan of clogs. Dansko clogs mainly.

7. Susan says:

I LOVE those shoes! I love heels, I am short and I’m not insecure about it anymore, but I still just love the height. I have been getting into flats though because I have a bit of a knee issue.

8. Lollygagger says:

I LOVE high heels, but rarely wear them. Flats are awesome!

9. Freck says:

So good to find another Chicago blogger!! Love Nordies, too :) I prefer heels at work and “out”, and flats when it’s casual friday and on the weekends.

10. TRIPLE LOVE those flats! (especially the navy ones but not at $95 – ouch) I can definitely see Steve Madden producing a knock-off of the navy pair, hopefully.

11. Allison says:

high heels all the way. I hope to rock a pair when I’m older too. Like 80, I’d still like to wear a pair of heels.

12. I prefer flats, though I do wear heels occasionally at work.

I love those shoes!

13. Doniree says:

I’m totally a flats girl. Totally. And these pictures? Make me want to shoe shop my little heart out. And I don’t even like shoe-shopping.

14. Stephanie says:

I am high heeled challenged. Seriously. I cannot walk in any type of heels unless they are sandals with the toe-thing. I love me some flats though!

15. Jessica says:

Ahhhh, I need shoes 1 and 2. Gorgeous.

ohmygosh i love those pearl flats. if they weren’t $95 i would totally get them, ah, LOVE.

and as for me i am a flats girl all the way. i think i own two or three pairs of heels and i honestly don’t remember the last time i wore any of them, haha, one of the advantages of being 5’9″ i suppose.

17. Oh, I am so a flats girl. My most recent purchase (well, a gift I requested) was a pair of Tory Burch flats. Black, with gold emblem. Love! I wear them all the time. I can’t do heals. I’m already 5’8″ and I just think flats are cuter.

18. Pauline says:

I’m pretty casual so I prefer running shoes, boots and flip flops.
    That said I LOVE the first shoes and the shiny purple ones that you bought!:)

Love the 1st two!
    I don’t have any outfits to go with them but whatever! :)

I’ve recently fallen in love with flat wedges (is that the correct term?). They make the work day a lot easier to get through, are still cute & stylish and they make my feet look like nicer too (at least I think so. I have stupid wide feet). When I wear a “real” heel now, my feet yell at me and I feel a little bit like I’m not going to be able to wear them much longer. I suppose that’s what I get for wearing heels non-stop ages 21-25 :)

21. Rach says:

Hey Jessica,
    Just letting you know I nominated you for a blog award here:

Ohhh, I’m so not a fashion girl. I think I own about 10 pairs of shoes, all of which serve a specific function. A few pairs of dress shoes (with low heels), sneakers for working out or walking long distances, hiking boots, snow boots and comfy sandals for when it’s actually warm out.

23. Cass says:

Linea Paolo shoes are pretty much my favorites ever, not only are the comfy but they’re really good at putting cute details or having fun prints. That said I want that 2nd pair something fierce.

Yes, I’m a shoe addict…so what? :-)

24. Renee says:

I’ve been looking for boat shoes in a non-traditional color (at a decent price) for a couple of years. I was thiiiiis close to buying a pair of yellow ones that I found on eBay a year or so ago… and then I was outbid. boo.

25. LOVE the first pair — so, so cute!

i’m a shoe “collector” I have more than 200 pairs (maybe 300?) it’s a sickness… ;)

I’ve become more of a flat gal lately and I love those purple ones!!!

However, all my pants really are meant for heels, so that’s a bummer :-)

Bathing suits in January is ridiculous, but I was super excited to see them all in Target when I was shopping for my Mexican vacay in Feb.

27. Heidi Renée says:

I just don’t get the trend of zippers as accessories. Zippers are functional, not attractive. Maybe it’s just me.

Since I don’t have to go to an office for work, I spend a lot of time in just socks or slippers, and tennis shoes when I go out. Sometimes, though, I just *have* to wear a pair of the cute shoes (mostly flats, but some low heels) wasting away in my closet. I don’t want them to forget about me!

I hate getting my pants hemmed and I’m just the right height that if I wear heels then I don’t have to! So, if I’m wearing pants then I’m wearing heels. But if I’m wearing capris I’m all about flats. I don’t have many cute ones, though. I may need to change that! You certainly have an eye for shoes even though you claim that purses are your first love.

29. Kyla Roma says:

I always want to be someone who loves wearing high fashion heels all day, but I just feel like a baby giraffe in them! I’m already 5’7″ so the shoes I want to wear make me tower. I opt for flats most of the time.

Your choices are all beautiful! I love the second one, a lot.

30. I think I NEED the first pair!

31. Lacey Bean says:

I looooove heels, but I’m really a flip flop girl at heart. :) I’ve been loving flats with skinny jeans though, and need to stock up on some more!

32. Melinda says:

I am loving flats lately too! Those Linea Paolo flats are killer…I would consider going in debt for those.

33. SoMi's Nilsa says:

Like you, I’ve grown to love flats since my ankles can’t handle heels for too long without giving out.

Though, I must admit, I kind of laughed at those boat shoes. Boat shoes were an automatic “deal breaker” with guys when I was in the dating scene. That’s how much I hate them. You brought back some funny memories – thanks!

34. Kez says:

I am officially in love with the shoes with the pearls! How cute!
    I like to alternate between heels and flats. I find that it keeps my feet feeling good.

35. L.C.T. says:

I wish there were that many pretty shoes in UK size 10…!

36. Andhari says:

Now that I think about it, I never actually wear flats. I wear heels most of the times. Even when I go to a class, even though it’s usually short wedges.

Your first pic is cute though :)

37. barbetti says:

Um I think you wrote this post for me! I only wear flats, otherwise I’m a 6’2″ monster, so YES!

And those are zippers on that flower shoe? I had NO idea until you said it. LOVE!

38. Jenni says:

Oh I love that first pair – so cool! And I’m always a big fan of Sperrys, so the pink ones are really fun.

I definitely wear flats 90% of the time. I love the look of heels, but I guess my feet are just extra sensitive? I am always hobbling far too soon. :)

39. Lindsay says:

Nordstrom has the best shoe sales of any department store. The only problem is they rarely have my size.

Those Frankie flats are too cute, I may have to splurge on a pair.

I love flats. I just cant do high heels. Those purple flats are adorable. Love them!!

41. Ms. M says:

I am a flats girl all around! :) Heels are far too impractical and, ahem, a bit painful for me!

42. Rachel M. says:

I know my store sells Sperry shoes so if you really want them I can try to find them and get you a discount ;)

43. nic says:

I LOVE the Nordstrom shoe dept. It is one of my absolute favorite places to shoe shop in Chicago. And I have to say- I used to always love heels, but now it doesn’t matter. Flats, heels, boots, whatever. I commute in flats or snow boots and toss my fancy shoes- whether they’re flats or heels in my bag. I really like the first two flats you found!