As I type this, it’s 79 degrees in Chicago. Sure, it’s windy and cooler by the lake but it makes me want to run outside, waving my hands in the air and cry in joy.
It’s official, I’m thinking spring. And if you tell me it’s too early…I may hurt you. So to keep my spring spirits up, I made a list of everything I’m excited about now that it’s getting warm.
Spring love list:
- Boys in khaki’s and dress shirts without a coat (Yeah, I go into heat, you can read about it here)
- Ice cream/frozen yogurt. I eat this stuff in winter but somehow, I want it MORE in spring
- Open-toed shoes, aka flip flops. God I love those
- Cotton dresses/jackets. I live in them once it gets warm
- Sunglasses. I have a pair of Marc by Marc aviators and I’m obsessed. Any time I see sun, they’re on
- Being outside!!! Bye bye apartment!
- Beer gardens. Beer + outdoors = happy me
- Fresh fruit (no scurvy!)
- Online dating. Yes, it’s time to dust off that profile and give this another go
- BBQing. It’s a fact that food from the grill tastes 10x better than other food
- Days off and traveling (more on this to come, although you’ve seen some hints on Twitter from me lately)
- Mani/pedis. My toes are really ugly right now. This weather has inspired me to change that
Okay, to be fair, I’ll list a few things I’m not looking forward to as well:
- Sweating. I really f*cking hate it. Nothing says sexy like sweat dripping down my face
- Humidity. My hair hates it too
The good news is that the spring positives outweigh the negatives. It’s also a great time to get winter stuff on crazy sale (hello Banana Republic!).
For example, remember this pretty shoe that I showcased in this post?
I loved them but they were $100 in January when I posted. Boo. Well, two weeks ago I was in Nordstrom and was reunited with them…at 50% off. And now, we will be living happily together in my apartment. YES!!
What are you looking forward to this spring? Big weekend plans?