01 April 2010

I’m in love with spring!

As I type this, it’s 79 degrees in Chicago. Sure, it’s windy and cooler by the lake but it makes me want to run outside, waving my hands in the air and cry in joy.

It’s official, I’m thinking spring. ¬†And if you tell me it’s too early…I may hurt you. So to keep my spring spirits up, I made a list of everything I’m excited about now that it’s getting warm.

Spring love list:

• Boys in khaki’s and dress shirts without a coat (Yeah, I go into heat, you can read about it here)
  • Ice cream/frozen yogurt. I eat this stuff in winter but somehow, I want it MORE in spring
  • Open-toed shoes, aka flip flops. God I love those
  • Cotton dresses/jackets. I live in them once it gets warm
  • Sunglasses. I have a pair of Marc by Marc aviators and I’m obsessed. Any time I see sun, they’re on
  • Being outside!!! Bye bye apartment!
  • Beer gardens. Beer + outdoors = happy me
  • Fresh fruit (no scurvy!)
  • Online dating. Yes, it’s time to dust off that profile and give this another go
  • BBQing. It’s a fact that food from the grill tastes 10x better than other food
  • Days off and traveling (more on this to come, although you’ve seen some hints on Twitter from me lately)
  • Mani/pedis. My toes are really ugly right now. This weather has inspired me to change that

Okay, to be fair, I’ll list a few things I’m not looking forward to as well:

• Sweating. I really f*cking hate it. Nothing says sexy like sweat dripping down my face
  • Humidity. My hair hates it too

The good news is that the spring positives outweigh the negatives. It’s also a great time to get winter stuff on crazy sale (hello Banana Republic!).

For example, remember this pretty shoe that I showcased in this post?

I loved them but they were $100 in January when I posted. Boo. Well, two weeks ago I was in Nordstrom and was reunited with them…at 50% off. And now, we will be living happily together in my apartment. YES!!

What are you looking forward to this spring? Big weekend plans?

1. Lucy says:

Forgot this in my last comment–I sent you an email recently about guest blogging from my blog email (moderndaylucy at live dot com.) A few other people I sent it to found it in there spam folder so I wanted to check in and see if you got it. Thanks! :)

2. Maxie says:

LOVE the flats! Super cute.

3. Lucy says:

Cute shoes!

I too love flip flop/sandal weather, but I desperately need a pedicure before I can pull out all of my open-toed shoes.

I think the thing I’m most looking forward to this spring is just being able to get out of the house without the marathon bundling session. To decide to go and just go without finding the coats, the gloves, the scarves, etc. Ahhhh, the freedom! :)

4. I meant patios at bars/restaurants … there’s no better place to have a drink :)

5. I adore beer gardens and patios!

The shoes are too cute!

I’m a big fan of spring and summer … bring ‘em on!

6. Jessica says:

Boys in Kackies! (can’t spell this word for shit) YES. So cute.

YAY for online dating.

Great list.

I’m there with you on the manis/pedis, ice cream, boys in handsome clothes and the fact that we can play outside again!

8. Cheryl says:

Boys in Khaki shorts and polos. God, I love it.

i love everything about spring except that my allergies go nutso. i could definitely live without that. otherwise bring on the dresses and flip flops and pedicures and fruit and ah, love.

10. barbetti says:

BEER GARDENS! Oh boy do I love them.

And I adore those shoes. Winter has killed my THREE shoes I own, I guess I need to hit up a Nordstrom.

11. MinD says:

It’s the third consecutive 80+ degree day here – with at least four more anticipated – and I love this. Do I miss hoodies a little already? Yes, but it’s nice driving around with the windows down and hearing the birds chirping. Ah spring! (Though NC seems to have jumped right into summer, but I’m not one to complain!)

12. i’m typing this as i’m staring out my office window just yearning to go out and play. 5pm can’t come soon enough, spring fever as hit!

I love having my windows open and letting the fresh air run through my house.

14. jenn says:

oh my gosh – i love those shoes! just yesterday in the office, i was talking with 4 other girls and we realized we were ALL wearing flats. can i just say AMEN to that fashion trend? usually trendy stuff is tight, uncomfortable & ridiculous. but flats…a trend from the Gods. :)

15. SarahBeth says:

Ahh, the return of regular mani/pedis! How I’ve missed them! But in the winter it just doesn’t seem worth the effort when you just stuff your feet into boots where no one can see them. I’m actually getting a mani/pedi at lunch today for a wedding I am going to this weekend.

16. Allyson says:

Love your list! Eating outside is one of my favorite things in the world. This weather makes me want to have a 4 hour dinner on a patio somewhere!

17. Oh, I can’t believe you got those gorgeous shoes for such a steal!!! Great find! Have a super happy, springy Easter weekend :)

18. Cheryl says:

I got a pedicure last weekend for just this reason…and girl bonding time. Things I am looking forward to this spring: moving, travel, warm weather. True story: I had ice cream for dinner last night. Joy of spring…also a joy of not having children I must set schedules and eating examples for…

19. I wore flip flops to walk to work today and then realized how terrible my toes look from being neglected all winter, so I’m getting a pedicure after work. My first one of the spring, how exciting!

20. Ashley says:

Grilling out and wearing flip-flops are on my list too. Oh, and I love taking the pups to the dog park this time of year! The azaleas and dogwoods are starting to bloom here. Spring is so pretty! Have a wonderful weekend!!

21. I’m missing spring a lot. It’s so just freakin hot where I am right now. Spring has just always been perfect not sooo hot and not too cold either. =)

22. poodlegoose says:

I LOVE those shoes! And yes, the sweating and humidity in the south sucks, and so does the quick jump from winter into summer (yesterday it was in the upper 80s), but spring is so nice while it lasts with all of the blooming and freshness to it. Mmmm spring :)

23. Andhari says:

79 degrees? Such a mild Jakarta weather then. Nice! I love guys in dress shirts..and blazer jackets.. HOT!:)

Shall we expect some dating stories in your next posts? Lol. Looking forward to those.

24. phampants says:

Hahaha! I forgot that warm springtime weather puts you in heat.

25. The shoes are adorable, and I totally laughed at your “going into heat.” HAHA.

26. Stevie says:

God those shoes are so dang cute. I actually just posted about new shoes today, too! The weather’s been getting nicer around here, too, and I have two big birthday parties to attend this weekend. So fun! And I’m heading out of town on Sunday for the day to relax with my BF’s family for Easter. Yay for spring!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE spring!! Today was in the high 70′s, sunny, and absolutely gorgeous. My friend and I spent it kicking around Pittsburgh. Being outside is the best, and I would love for there to be beer gardens in my small town. I am not a fan of sweat dripping down my face and humidity hair either. Happy Weekend! Are you staying in Chicago or heading home?

28. Allie says:

I took a midday work break today to grab the ice cream from the freezer and sit on the patio. Sometimes it’s a must. And always better outside.

29. aaahh! I can’t believe you bought the shoes – enjoy their loveliness!!!

the springtime has hit NC in full bloom and, like you, I’m loving every single moment. I have got to find a local beer garden !