19 May 2010

Conan’s Legally Prohibited tour!

Conan’s Legally Prohibited tour is in Chicago for two nights and I’m purposely staying up late to tell you all how awesome it was.

For real.

I may be biased though because I love Conan. I’ve been a rabid big fan of his since his former late show on NBC. On my first-ever trip to New York, I requested tickets to his show and got them every night we were there (this was before he was hot.) I love his sense of humor, interview style and overall zaniness. Plus, a masturbating bear? Genius.

I faithfully watched his former late and Tonight Show episodes and when the whole Leno/Conan drama went down, I was hard core on Team Coco.

And with a little luck from Twitter and Ticketmaster, I was fortunate enough to get tickets. And then jump/prance around like a little kid.

So before I head back to pack and get some sleep before leaving for Vegas, I wanted to share with everyone some photos from tonight’s show!

Kendra, Robin, Lauren and me outside the theater (yes, it was packed)

Chicago Theatre marquis

Screen image, yes!

Musical number (Conan did a lot of these)

Andy showed up! And so did a self-loving friend from his NBC show

John C. Reilly showed up to pull the Chuck Norris lever (it was hilarious)

Finale Rockabilly number (yes, that is a huge inflatable bat)

What was really cool after that last photo was Conan rocked out in the audience and even ran up the balcony to give the people in the high seats a treat. Awesome.

Conan said his goal for the evening was to have us leave and feel like it was worthwhile experience.

It totally was :) I left laughing and smiling and I cannot wait to see him on TBS in November.

Are you a Conan fan? I know it’s early to ask too but does anyone have big plans for the weekend? I’m off to Vegas but I promise to behave (maybe!)

1. The reviews for Conan’s show here in Toronto weren’t great.

2. He’s pretty funny! One of my friends is seeing him when he comes to Boston… glad you had fun!!:)

3. Elizabeth says:

I bet he was hysterical, and I’m glad you got to go! I hope Vegas was as amazing as last year for you too!

4. Maki says:

AWE I’m soooo jealous, Jessica! I LOVE Conan!! The thing is a lot people were angry about Jay and his battle and I, too, am disappointed, but I feel like it was for the best. I felt like Conan wasn’t feeling it since he moved to Los Angels – it wasn’t for him and I’m glad he’s touring and being himself!!

Lucky you, girlfriend, lucky you!
    xoxo

5. Stephanie says:

I am not a Conan fan but the show looked like a great time! This weekend I am super busy. Have SO MUCH fun in Vegas!

Team CoCo! Though I’m ticked he’s going to TBS because I don’t have cable. Should probably get on that :-)

7. Glad you had a good time. I think he’s in Toronto this week.

I can’t say I’m a fan.

Awesome! looks/sounds like a great time. I had NO idea Conan sang =) I am excited for him to come to TBS. I’ve always enjoyed him :)

9. Bing says:

I am trying to find tickets for his Atlanta show. Ticket Master appears to be sold out, so hopefully I can get them on Stub Hub or somewhere. I heart Conan and miss his cooky ways! Have fun in Vegas!

10. Jennifer says:

OMG so jealous that seemed like it was such a good time!!

11. phampants says:

So jealous that you went

12. Sarah says:

Looks (and sounds) like you had a great time! (Understatement of the year, I’m sure!)

I was lucky enough to go on Sunday when he was here in Kansas City. I never was a huge fan (didn’t NOT like him, just never watched the show), but I am now! I had no idea what the Chuck Norris lever was (Jason Sudeikis showed up to pull it!), but I couldn’t get enough of it!

13. such a shame he didn’t make his way down to the southeastern states :( but I’m glad you enjoyed yourself and the show!!

Team Coco!!

14. That’s awesome that you got to see Coco last night. I saw a bunch of photos on Facebook from a number of people who were there with you. =) It’s not that I like or dislike Conan. I go to sleep by 9:30 or 10:00 every night. Late night TV is not in my vocabulary. So, I have no opinion between Conan, Leno, Letterman or any of the others coming on after the late local news.

Sounds like a great show!

We were supposed to go see The 39 Steps at the Bank of America theater last night but had to cancel at the last minute. Boo!

Originally my weekend was going to be totally low-key but I’m slowly filling it up with things to do and people to see. But I’m sure it won’t be anywhere as fun-filled as weekend in Vegas! Enjoy yourself!

16. Stevie says:

Oh my GOD I so wish I could’ve gone! His first stop was in Seattle, and tickets sold out so fast. :-(

The masturbating bear. Genius. And do you remember the episode where the bear was on, doin’ his regular masturbating bear stuff, and then he took the bear head off and it was Jim Carrey?!?!?!? I almost peed my pants from laughing.

He got married in Seattle in 2002, in a gorgeous cathedral, and my roommate and I WENT there that day to see if we could somehow crash the wedding! (Yeah…we couldn’t even get close. Dang.)

So glad you got to see him!