26 May 2010

Glee live in Chicago!

It’s official, I’ve seen the scariest fans ever. No, they aren’t Twi-hards or Trekkies, they’re teenage Glee fans.

And they’re taller than me too. FAIL.

Tonight was the first of two Glee concerts in Chicago (part of a four-city tour) and ever since I heard it was coming to Chicago, I was determined to go. And after some drama, negotiating and tears, I scored two floor seats. YES!

TC and I sacrificed watching the Lady Gaga episode live to see the show and it was TOTALLY WORTH IT.

The show was AH-MAZING.

Really, the staging, singing and costumes were awesome. We even got to see Bad Romance live (thanks Perez for the tip) and it was insane. Everyone was on their feet but no one was really dancing….except TC and me, who literally sang, screamed and danced the entire time. People must have thought we were insane but we shut it down. Fo sho.

Here are some photos! Note: So that I don’t ruin everything for the New York fans, you can see more photos on my Flickr page.

After the show, TC and I were going to the car when we saw people gathering at the stage door, so we joined for a little bit, hoping to catch a glimpse of the cast. And then the screaming and pushing started because my man, Cory Monteith (Finn) was like, right there, and I thought I was going to be trampled to death. No joke, having girls pushing, pulling at your clothes and body to get closer, was kind of scary. But I emerged safe and in one piece…and with an autograph :)

TC and I even went back into the mess for her man, Mark Salling (Puck) and boom, there was another autograph on the program.

It was pretty f*cking exciting :) And yes, Cory is smoking hot in person (OMG HOT) and Mark was pretty cute too. So awesome.

The entire night was worth every penny, tear, pleading email and hours spent researching to get us there. I’ll be on this high for a few days.

Also, big thanks to Chicago’s I-90/94 express lane for getting us to the show quickly in rush hour traffic!

What about you, did you get to see Glee on Tour? Or what is your favorite Glee song?

1. She later on recorded an album with manufacturing employees The Matrix and completed the huge majority of the solo album from 2004-5; neither of which ended up launched.Buy Katy Perry tickets

2. Jeff says:

Thanks!I just got what I want here.Thanks again for sharing this!

3. Good article, found this page from bing when searching
    Can I post this post in my blog ?
    Nice page and nice blog, will bookmarking it to re-visit in the future.

4. I find this post from digg when searching
    Great article and great site, will bookmarking it to re-visit in the future.

5. E.P. says:

That tour isn’t coming to my city, and I truly wish it was because it’s one of my favorite shows. I’m so glad to hear your experience was lovely, though, and that you got not one but TWO autographs!

6. Julia says:

SOOO very jealous of you! They are not even coming close to Canada…

7. stephanie says:

What a blast! I am a bit envious of you! I would totally have been singing along too. I can’t help it!

8. AHHHH I am such a Gleek!! Awesome. I need to head to your Flickr now :)

9. Sweet! I’m through six episodes of Glee, and I love it. It’s not what I expected, but I’m still hooked. I enjoyed the girls v. boys mashups in the sixth episode (though I didn’t like the songs — I loved their drugged-up performances). I’m definitely looking forward to the Madonna ep.

10. Aly says:

That is awesome!

I’d probably go fan-girl over Will. <3

You lucky things!

11. Akirah says:

I guess we’ll see if they EVER come to Pittsburgh. Glad you had fun.

12. Heidi Renée says:

My favorite song changes by the week. I love them all, and I have spent waaaay too much money buying all of them on iTunes. I think most of them are better than the originals!

puck and finn? swoooooon. but yay for having such a great time, i totally would have been dancing and singing along around with you two, haha.

I can’t even begin to say how jealous I am!

15. Ali says:

You saw Puck? So jealous. So, SO jealous!

16. the glee fangirl in me is squealing louder than all of those tweens at the show last night. I just wish they would’ve made a visit to the south for one of their tour stops…maybe next year.

glad you had a great time!

17. Mikael says:

I went to the VERY first concert in Phoenix and LOVED IT! Oh my gosh… Cory Monteith. Never thought he was cute until I saw him live. They were all so much better looking in person! And Santana kicked butt. I had no idea she had that voice in her. I had so many favorite numbers I couldn’t name them all. I did love Bad Romance, Like A Prayer, and Jump. They were probably the most fun overall but the whole show was fantastic.

Probably Rachel’s rendition of “see my face” or “Give you hell” whatever that song is called. oh! and Journey!

I’m SO jealous that you met both Finn & Puck. I would have tried to kiss Puck if I got to meet him. Well, not really. But maybe.

19. Jennifer says:

Congrats on the autograph! IDK if I should admit this, but I have never seen Glee or heard a Glee song. Should I run and hide? Everyone flips when I say that lol.

20. Jessica says:

SOOOO JEALOUS. Especially of the autographs. It looks like you had fun..who were you negotiating with though, lol

21. I am SO jealous! I wanted to drive up from STL but it just wasn’t possible in the middle of the week. I’m glad it was as amazing as you hoped :)

I haven’t watched last night’s episode yet either…dying to get home and do so!

Confession: I’ve only watched two full Glee episodes, and then only because Idina Menzel was on them. I do really, really enjoy the Glee music (and listen to it all the time on Pandora) but I’m not really warming up to the TV show.

I did however, look up Glee tour dates because the people on that show are crazy talented singers. Sadly they aren’t coming near me but I am really glad that you were able to go experience the show and had so much fun!

23. I don’t do Glee on TV. Nor do I do musicals on stage. We’re like oil and water – we just don’t mix. But, I’m glad you had fun and felt the effort to get the tickets was worth it.

24. How amazing! Wow, I don’t know about my favorite song… I have a really special place in my heart for “Don’t Stop Believing” because it was the original big number. I also loved Lea and Kristen singing “Maybe This Time” and Lea and Idina singing “I Dreamed A Dream”. So many more favorites, but I’m stopping myself at three ;)

25. L.C.T. says:

Way to spark jealousy!! Sounds amazing. No Glee isn’t coming to London as far as I know :( Favourite song… Don’t Stop Believin’ – no question!

26. Amanda says:

OMG FUN!! They’re not coming out here :( my favorite songs change every couple weeks, but I loved the Madonna show and tonight’s version of Poker Face was pretty awesome!

27. Stevie says:

So, so, so fun!!! Was the whole cast there, or just a select few?

I think my favorite Glee song so far is “Alone”, when Mr. Schu and April sang Karaoke together. It’s one of the GREATEST SONGS ever written, and they pulled it off so well. I also love the Glee version of “Can’t Fight This Feeling” because hello! REO Speedwagon rocks and so does that song :-)

What’s YOUR favorite?