OMG it’s time again for another “vacation for one!” Saturday morning I leave for San Francisco, where I will be visiting briefly before getting my first ever car solo rental car and driving up to Napa for several days.
I’m really excited but freaking out.
My mind is racing with crazy thoughts and ideas and concerns about things that could happen.
- What if I get bored? I’m gone for a week!
- What if I get lost in the car? The Garmin may fail me
- What if American Airlines loses my luggage and I’m stuck with none of my stuff?
- What if I can’t make it to all the wineries and restaurants and tourist spots I want to. Can I clone myself?
- What if I don’t know what to do at these wineries and people think I’m crazy and a loser Midwest tourist?
- What if Eclipse sucks?
- What if I never want to leave?
- How do I bring wine back with me? I love my juice!
As you can see, I have a very overactive imagination.
I think the biggest struggle I’ve had is narrowing down what I want to do. I’m so used to trips in big cities where there is a lot in one area (Nola, New York, LA, etc.) and now I have to drive everywhere, meaning it takes longer to get from place to place. How can I fit everything in?
And people have been SO amazing in sharing tips and recommendations that I want to do everything but know I can’t, and I feel weird about that.
Yeah I have control issues ;)
So despite these thoughts rattling in my brain, I’ve decided to turn them off and go in with a “here’s what I’d like to do” list and prioritize it so I know what’s the most important to me.
This will be a great exercise in trying to be spontaneous and NOT a huge planner.
Wish me luck!
PS – I will be blogging a bit while I’m gone so keep checking back for pictures!
What is everyone else up to this weekend?