17 June 2010

TV shows I’m watching this summer

Tagged: television

As just about everyone knows, I love TV and my DVR, especially  because the latter lets me save up my trashy shows and enjoy them in a Friday night or Saturday  morning marathon. Heaven.

But it’s summer, which means the “good” TV is done and I have to reset the DVR for limited time programming. No joke, after Glee ended, the emptiness of my DVR made a tear trickle down my face. Okay that’s only half true.

I bet that my DVR thinks that it’s going to get a break but that b*tch is still going to be working. For real.

So I poured through Entertainment Weekly and a few other sources and put together a list of my summer TV schedule. Some shows haven’t aired yet but knowing that they will be in the DVR soon is good enough for me.

Here’s what I’ll be watching this summer:

Mad Men

Hated season 1 but have been addicted from season 2 through now. Amazing costumes and storytelling. Plus Don Draper is hot

The Closer

I love this show. It’s smart, funny and dramatic without graphic violence

Jersey Shore

Do I need to say any more? Train wreck hello!

Top Chef DC

I am obsessed with this show. I’ve watched every season and I still watch reruns. I wish I was that talented with food

The Millionaire Matchmaker

I just found Patti on Twitter and this is another show that I laugh and cringe watching. Plus, her advice is pretty dead on

Kathy Griffin’s My Life on the D-List

Sure, she can be a bit much but she can always make me laugh

Rescue Me

No joke, this show is a little f*cked up but it has the best theme song out there and the most honest guy-talk I’ve ever seen. Plus it’s hilarious

Shows I’m curious to check out:

The Good Guys

This got a lot of good reviews so I’m going to add this in the DVR and check it out. I need to get some new shows to watch

Covert Affairs

Reminds me of Alias but less complicated. And I love Christopher Gorham from Ugly Betty!

So that’s just a quick list of  what I have my eye on this summer. I’m sure I’m missing things though so if you have a great summer TV show recommendation, let me know!

My DVR will not appreciate it, but I will :)

Anyone have big weekend plans?

1. i used to watch Burn Notice on our Cable TV but unfortunately they did not play the next season`;.

2. Grace says:

Good thing I don’t have a DVR or I would never leave the couch. There are too many tv shows I refuse to watch because I know I will get sucked in to the awesome.

3. Allison Hill says:

Burn Notice is one hell of a great tv series, i love spy movies and tv series like this one.`-,

4. E.P. says:

I’ve watched Top Chef for forever, and I wish I was talented like that, as well. Whenever I watch it, I’m inspired to make something cool with food, so that’s good, right?

And I really want to check out some more of these shows since you’ve highlighted them here. (: My DVR has been empty since Glee finished up, and I need something worth watching!

5. I love The Closer and have been meaning to add it to Netflix to catch up on the many seasons I’ve missed. And I absolutely love Millionaire Matchmaker – is it a new season already? And we’ve got Top Chef lined up in our DVR – can’t wait to see the first episode!

I love Rescue Me…yeah it might be a little crude but it’s what I would believe to be the reality of their lives…and yes, one of the BEST theme songs.

Is Patty doing another season so soon? Awesome!

Last night I watched the pilot of “Hot in Cleveland” and I loved it. You should check it out if only because Betty White is on it. I am also willing to admit I have been watching “Jersey Couture” on Oxygen.

8. I’ll prob watch Jersey Shore- though I don’t think it will be as funny as the first season.

Love Top Chef- so glad it’s back!

Happy Sunday night!

I have no shows in the summer. I sort of vowed to not watch tv and read instead.

10. Jessica says:

Blah Jersey Shore..not sure if this is going to make my summer line up!

11. sooo excited and ready for Mad Men to come back!! and my Bravo staples of Top Chef, Kathy Griffin, and any city of the Real Housewives will be keeping me company this summer.

12. Mega says:

Thats alot of shows. I love Mad Men. As for The Good Guys, I’m wondering if its one of those shows with a shtick that wears out quick. I mean, c’mon, its Tom Hanks’s son!

13. Jennifer says:

These shows are SUPER lame ABC Family shows but I am addicted and proud to admit it lol: The Secret Life of the American Teenager, Make it or Break it, and Dirty Little Liars (or something like that – it’s on Tuesday nights).

I also love Losing it with Jillian!

i’ve watched millionaire matchmaker here and there and i love it, i may have to add that to the regular watch. and toddlers and tiaras will admittedly be watched as well. as for other tv i’ll probably be watching shows on dvd to catch up!

I just watched the very first episode of Rescue Me and loved it. Way depressing but so good.

My husband wanted to start watching Covert Affairs but then he went and got rid of our cable box. Guess we won’t be watching that!

16. Gloria says:

I can’t wait for Mad Men to come on so we can spend Monday mornings around the water cooler we don’t have chatting about how hot Don Draper is.

Also, Ali is right. I saw the pilot for Pretty Little Liars and I was impressed. I typically refuse to watch ABC Family shows, but this one looks like a “goodie.”

17. I looooove Mad Men! And is that Violet from Coyote Ugly in the Covert Affairs show?? I think I’m most looking forward to Mad Men, but I also love me some True Blood :)

18. Ali says:

Don’t laugh, just trust me:

Pretty Little Liars.

19. Mel says:

I will be watching True Blood and I Netflixed Mad Men to see what the big hoopla is about.

As for this weekend…. Bacon Birthday Party. Where it will be all bacon all the time. Not my birthday, but my party planning skills. Bacon Churros anyone?

20. This summer I’ll be watching “Hell’s Kitchen”, “True Blood” and “Hung”.

21. Kyla Roma says:

I have to say I’m not watching any of those! But if I knew when Millionaire Matchmaker was on I would be all over that! (I’m going to research lol)

My summer shows are Lie to Me, Burn Notice & we just started watching Bones from it’s first season. We’re starting Battlestar Galactica from the beginning next :)

22. Jen says:

Burn Notice. Just to see Michael is reason enough for me to watch.

Psych.

I love most of the USA network shows.

23. stephanie says:

Thanks for the ideas! I have needed summer shows to check out!

Basically, if it’s on Bravo, I’ll be watching it.

Ted and I have been watching the Good Guys. Ted likes it more than I do. It’s funny, but we both agree that it probably isn’t long for this world.

SO. EXCITED. FOR. RESCUE ME. (And yes, that deserves all caps.) Like seriously, I can’t wait. We must either gchat or live tweet during that bad boy (is it next week? I can’t remember).

26. Lisa says:

We get excited about Wipeout every summer. We’ll actually record it and watch it multiple times because watching people get hit by obstacles and spectacular falls, it just never gets old to us.

Also, True Blood, we have to watch True Blood. I think that one show is worth every penny we pay for HBO.

27. Michelle says:

Entourage comes back June 27! A lot of women are really turned off by it but I LOVE it and think it’s well-written and heartfelt. It’s also super gross and immature a lot of the time, but, well, you win some, you lose some, haha. I’m curious to check out The Good Wife. I LOVE Chris Noth and I’ve heard it’s great.

28. Renee says:

I watched the pilot of The Good Guys… and I just couldn’t get into it. It felt like they were trying too hard, you know?

29. Heidi Renée says:

I think the only shows I have left for the summer are The Bachelorette and Hell’s Kitchen. I don’t really feel like bothering with anything else after the crazy overcommitted regular TV season. I’ll probably end up watching the summer Glee reruns from time to time, but I’m not going to tape them.