20 June 2010

Weekend recap: Concerts, cleaning and random acts of online dating

Happy Sunday and Happy Father’s Day everyone! I hope you had a great weekend and got to celebrate with your special guys.

The official countdown to San Fran/Napa has begun for me but before I start freaking out about the trip, I had a busy/productive weekend so that distracted me.

Incentive to clean

Seriously, visitors coming to town is the best incentive to clean. It makes me actually do it and be efficient, rather than dawdle and think I’ll do it another weekend. No! I have to do it then and it has to be spotless! I even spot clean the next morning after making breakfast. Who am I? Well, this weekend I had a visitor coming into town for Father’s Day and my bathroom, kitchen and living room were nightmares.

So I dedicated Friday (post storms) to cleaning…up after the storms and my apartment. Yes, it took time and yes, some of the dirt and amount of hair collected was scary, but it looks GORGEOUS after. The sight of a clean apartment is one of my favorite things.

Of course, if company had not been coming into town, the apartment would likely still be a pigsty :)

The Eagles, Keith Urban, Dixie Chicks!

Saturday my visitor and I also went to check out a concert marathon at Solider Field, including of Keith Urban, Dixie Chicks and The Eagles. I’ve never been to Soldier Field before, so me and my camera were ready!

I was felt horribly underdressed because I wasn’t sporting sunburn (Saturday was amazing weather in Chicago) and cowboy boots. Now I want a pair! But thousands of people turned out to hit the Miller/Bud Light and dance.

Keith Urban was good and even sang in the crowd! It’s also a fact that women love Keith Urban. Thousand were going CRAZY for him. I’m surprised he survived that crowd with his shirt.

I was pretty excited to see the Dixie Chicks and they didn’t disappoint. They even played Train’s Hey Soul Sister, which got me dancing around.

I’m not too familiar with The Eagles either but I recognized a ton of songs, thanks to growing up with their music. I remembered a lot more than I thought I would.

All and all, it was a gorgeous night to see outside and enjoy some music!

Random acts of online dating

Post concert, I decided to do some pre-vacation laundry, which meant that I was still awake but tired at 1 a.m. with my laundry done and a restless mind. So I started wandering around online and when I woke up this morning, I was a member of OkCupid.

No joke, I signed up for internet dating while tired and barely remembered doing it! I filled out the profile and everything! I’m still planning on going back to Match but this is free and probably a good way to ease back into it. So far, it’s…interesting.

How was everyone else’s weekend? Do you always clean before company comes over? Or are you seeing any concerts this summer?

1. I am so happy to have found your blog, it is a wealth of good info! Look forward to your future entries.

2. glad you enjoyed the concert too! it was pretty amazing!

3. Sounds like a fab concert. Unlike you, I love the Eagles and am not too familiar with Keith Urban’s stuff, though I know a couple Dixie Chicks songs.

4. stephanie says:

Good luck with trying the online dating again! Summer seems like a great time to start!

The concert sounds fantastic!

Guests are always an excellent motivator for a good cleaning! We’re using our baby shower next month as good motivation to get things done around the house.

6. That concert sounds like a blast – and I heard weather here was fabulous this weekend – what a great way to enjoy it – outside at a show!

7. Dixie Chicks?! love them! I didn’t know they were even touring since the two sisters had released their own album.

sounds like a great weekend and yay keith, seriously heart him.

I def. clean before company too….I don’t want people thinking I’m a little piggy even if sometimes I am.

10. Haha, I’m cracking up at you signing up for online dating in your sleep!! You’re so cute ;)

11. Allison says:

I do clean before company comes over and then realize that I probably should be cleaner all the time. (that second part never happens)

12. Ray says:

Damn, I had every intention of going to that concert and it totally fell off my radar. It looks like you had a blast!

13. I am so jealous of the concert! I have seen Keith Urband before but have not been to the Dixie Chicks or the Eagles. That is a very cool group of people to see together.

The OkCupid signup is hilarious. My roommates in college used to shop online after bars and days later would wonder where all these UPS deliveries were coming from…just make sure you don’t take that habit up! It can be pricey!

14. Mega says:

Never heard of em

15. Jen says:

I am seeing Ray LaMontayne and David Gray in August. I am also on OKC. I’m having some interesting experiences but it is a lot better than Match.

I had a party on Saturday so I spent Friday night in Cinderella-style cleaning, polishing, mopping and etc. It felt GREAT to get it all done. I even cleaned a bit more before the party on Saturday. The cleaning bug is contagious… or addictive… or both?

Haha, I’ve signed up for online dating before when I’ve been tired too. =)

17. Kristin says:

Yay! Have fun on okcupid! That’s where I met my boyfriend (and very soon to be fiancé)!

18. Agreed – nothing makes me happier than my house being clean! Glad you had fun at the concert! I wish that crew would come here!! You are so cute! Signing up for online dating in your sleep lol. I hope this site works for you! :) xoxo

19. One of my best friends married a dude she met on OkCupid.

Sounds like a fun weekend!

20. Paula says:

Most people know me to be messy, and even when I clean before they come over they still think it looks messy, so most of the time i don’t even bother anymore. Unless I’m trying to impress a guy, that is…

I would LOVE to see The Eagles – my dad always used to play them in the car when we went on holidays when I was younger so I love their old stuff.

21. Rica says:

Awesome! Concerts are so much fun!

I was going to see Band of Horses in September but I don’t think that really counts as summer hahahha. Too bad, I didn’t have enough money to pay for it :( Ah well.

Glad you had a blast though!

22. Heidi Renée says:

I always clean before people come over because one time during a fight my mom yelled at me that my apartment smelled like cats… and now I’m paranoid. I have eight plug-in air fresheners throughout the house and I still feel like I should get more. I usually end up doing most of the cleaning myself, because Jason always misses spots. I do have him vacuum, he does well with that.

23. Mel says:

Hola!

I love country music and I get such a hard time from my friends. I love Dixie Chicks and Keith Urban. I will be seeing Blake Shelton in the winter but no other major concerts.

My house is currently a disaster from my the party of last night and I still have to clean it up. I get my house cleaned every week on Friday for company on Saturday, but now I am thinking I should do it on Mondays so all the party messes don’t have to be cleaned up for me.

24. Stevie says:

LOVE the Dixie Chicks. I’ve seen them in concert several times. You should definitely check out their documentary “Shut up and Sing”, if you haven’t already. Keith Urban is awesome, too, but I’ve never seen him live.

I’ve actually been trying to have people over more so I’m more motivated to clean my house! How sad is that? How lazy can I be? Sheesh. :-)

Can’t wait to hear about your online dating this summer!

25. Elizabeth says:

I need to clean badly–I normally scrub everything down before guests come, but I’ve been too exhausted and figured my brother and sister wouldn’t notice some extra dust!

26. Cheryl says:

I clean before company comes, and actually have arranged for maids to come clean before my next guests arrive. I figure it’s a good excuse to get everything cleaned as a nice base for ongoing housekeeping. We shall see though.

27. SO incredibly jealous of your Dixie Chicks exposure. Love them. Love them even more live. Will listen to them at work tomorrow to somewhat make up for missing the show.

28. Gloria says:

Aw, I really like the Dixie Chicks. Some of the only country I like to listen to. If you are ever serious about the cowboy boots you let me know, cause I want to be there while you shop for them! When I was gearing up for my family’s first rodeo, I went to the burbs and got boots, a belt and cowgirl hat for $100. In fact, I have an extra cute hat I found for $7 at Forever21 in case you ever need to borrow. Maybe you can find a nice cowboy on OkCupid. :-)

29. Jamie says:

I’m not really a fan of the other two, but I LOVE The Eagles. Jealous.

30. I never had a full on relationship develop but honestly some of the coolest guys I ever met were through OkCupid. I’m still friends with some of them, haha.

Also, yay! Dixie Chicks! <3

Cleaning, I need to do that hardcore in the next few weeks. But I always, always put if off till the last minute. Your concert sounds fantastic!! I love going to concerts and have gone to 3 so far this summer — I have another 6 or so to go. Nothing is more summer to me than going to concerts with my friends. Good luck with the online dating!!