22 July 2010

Random pre-weekend thoughts

That’s right, it’s time for another edition of random pre-weekend thoughts. This week has been a little nuts so I’m going into a bulleted haze to talk about some random sh*t brewing in my brain. It’s like a sea of ADD-inspired thoughts. Beware (again).

But tomorrow is FRIDAY and I’m wicked excited about it. Let’s get started:

• Is anyone else excited it’s almost Friday? Seriously, these weeks feel so long lately
  • I love Top Chef. Really, I’m obsessed, but I’m not feeling this season. Something feels…off. And Padma’s boobs make me scared of having my own kids. Those babies are HUGE
  • Why are all my celeb fantasy men getting married? First John Krasinski and now Orlando Bloom? I need to start preparing to be wife #2 because you KNOW they’ll be waiting for me in a year :)
  • Britney has frightened me away from ever having hair extensions thanks to this photo. I am disgusted and frightened *frantically pets my hair*
  • Mad Men is BACK on Sunday and I feel the urge to buy cigarettes and stock up the bar in anticipation. I am OBSESSED with this show and I cannot wait for it to be back
  • I really wish my landlord would get back to me about lease renewal. I hate waiting and I have no idea if I’m staying in my apartment or not. CALL ME
  • Is it healthy to be a 30-year-old woman and stalking Josh Duhamel in downtown Chicago during Transformers’ filming? I’ll say…yes?
  • The hot weather makes me want ice cream all the time. Is it possible to be addicted?
  • It is normal to go through a stage where you want a baby or puppy every time you see a cute one? Why won’t people let you randomly cuddle with their children or animals?
  • My new approach toward shopping is to ask myself “do I really need this?” before buying. So far, so good!

Also, I’ll close by saying that MY NAPA WINE IS HERE AND IN MY HOUSE. I am SO HAPPY and excited to see it again. I’ll post pictures of my wine bounty on Sunday. I am digging into it later tonight!

Thank you for visiting my brain. I am now back to counting down to the weekend.

Does anyone have fun weekend plans? What are you thinking about?

1. i eat ice cream almost every day in the summer because it is just that awesome!

and YAY for your Napa wine!

Hope you had a good weekend :)

2. Elizabeth says:

You can snuggle my puppies now, and if you visit Austin sometime after January I’m pretty sure there will be a baby to snuggle with too!

3. Gooseberried says:

Dear Lord, that photo of Britney is horrendous. I’m telling you, if I were a celebrity, I would not be seen in public like that. Actually, if I was a normal human being, I would not walk out of the house like that. Yikes!

4. Mega says:

Lucky you for watching Mad Men this Sunday. I don’t have AMC :(

5. Stephany says:

Ugh, now I want to throw up after viewing that picture. Yuck, yuck, yuck. I’ve never wanted hair extensions and now I definitely don’t want them!!

6. the only thing my brain will be able to comprehend this weekend is MAD MEN!

cannot. wait.

7. Hope everything goes okay with your landlord! I hate waiting on that stuff!

And when I was in Chicago a few years ago when Dark Knight was filming next to my hotel, I tried to stalk ANYBODY in that movie, even Nolan…to no avail!

8. Stalking Josh Duhamel when you have a chance to do so is a REQUIREMENT, nothing to be embarrassed about.

I have no babies for you to cuddle, but at this age, I think the urge is pretty normal. You are welcome to cuddle my “puppy” any time you like, but you may change your mind when you get a look at him. ;)

Hoorary for having your Napa wine! I’m with you, any more the weeks are horrendously long and its all I can do to keep my head together until Friday. I fully support following Josh around town, its your duty as a blogger to get pictures for us. (I did the same thing when Denzel Washington was in town last fall filming around my town.) I have no definite plans beyond drinking wine or beer, or hell, maybe both, tonight after work.

Ohh Britney not again….it’s scary how bad her extensions are.

11. Ann says:

Hot weather makes me crave a cold one at Edgewater Lounge.

I’m going to Teatra Luna: 10×10 Latinas Do It Write on Saturday afternoon. It’ll be my first time there.

Enjoy your wine from Napa. Lucky you.

12. I was thinking the exact same thing this morning about the weeks being sooooo long. I woke up yesterday thinking it was Saturday.

13. Kyla Roma says:

Ew ew ew! Those extensions are scary!! I’m growing my hair out a little and I’ve been daydreaming about extensions (in a very long time) but this is… scary. lol

14. Michelle says:

Oh my gosh those pictures are HORRENDOUS. She does not deserve to be cover Cosmo girl this month.

Every time I see someone with a baby I think “poor you,” but I want to steal every puppy I see. I’m totally going to have a house full of strays and no room to sleep in my bed.

Have a great weekend!!!

15. Mega says:

Nothing too fun this weekend. Was going to go out of town but that has been cancelled and I’m going to a wake instead. I wish I had cable so I could watch Mad Men!

16. Well, on Regis & Kelly, this morning, Josh Duhamel was talking about how much he loves the people of Chicago. So, by extension, I’m pretty sure that means Josh Duhamel loves you.

17. This Friday has been on loooooong week in the making.

I’m excited for an out of town visitor this weekend and a day at the pierogi fest in Whiting IN.

I am SOOO excited it’s Friday. This week has felt really long.

I apparently have no maternal instinct. Babies make me want to hide and even though I love dogs, all I can think about with puppies is the potty training and the chewing. But every so often a fluffy puppy makes me go all SQUEE.

This must be the summer for flaky landlords. Ours hasn’t brought our lease over, either. Guess we’re going month to month?

This weekend is my step-dad’s 60th birthday party. I’m sure there will be plenty of Napa wine there. It’s gonna be epic!

19. If I sat and drooled at Josh Duhamel while he was standing next to me at a Black Eyed Peas concert, I think it’s totally appropriate for you to stalk him while he’s working.

20. Marjolein says:

Those hair extensions are scary.. never ever ever getting those now.

I’m pretty happy it’s Friday – even though my holidays already started on Wednesday – but there’s still so much to do before we can leave on our camping trip that I’m a bit overwhelmed. Especially as my boyfriend would already like to leave on Sunday.

That wine sounds good by the way! Enjoy your weekend!

21. Paula says:

I’ve had a supremely long week as well and mine was only a four day week.

I have the same issue with babies and puppies too, funnily enough!

22. Mel says:

Have you seen the cover of her on Cosmo… bad photoshop job. It looks like they attached a different body to her head or they were trying to get rid of a double chin and messed up. And even then with her face it looks like they forgot to do her makeup.

I am having an all girls pool party this weekend at my house and expecting over 20 girls. The theme is “when life gives you lemons make lemonade with vodka.”

23. steph anne says:

Okay now I’m with you…I’m never getting hair extensions!!!

I’m going to Vegas this weekend and so looking forward to it. :)

24. Shouldn’t Britney’s hair be long enough now to not have ratty extensions? Put a hat on that shit.

* Yes to looking for Josh Duhamel. I would do it too.
    * Every single time I see a puppy I want to adopt it as well. And babies? Well, with 16 + friends who are pregnant I want to hold babies on a regular basis.
    Hooray for wine from Napa! Hope you have a lovely weekend.
    (Confession: I’ve yet to see/watch Mad Men! And I’m behind on Rescue Me now…)