29 July 2010

My latest obsessions

Yes, I wanted to channel Usher and Nora with a post dedicated to “confessions,” but sadly, I have nothing worthwhile  or remotely interesting to confess (right now) so I’m focusing on something more healthy, like things I can’t get enough of.

I have an addictive personality and I can get fixated on stuff and then I cannot stop gushing about it. No, that is not meant to sound creepy OR stalkerish.

Let’s take a closer look at what I’m currently obsessed with:

• Longchamp Le Pilage tote – I have this in the medium and large size and LOVE IT. I had to replace my medium one lately because I literally wore it out after three years. They are perfect for travel and everyday
  • Red wine – Yes, Napa has made me fall in love with it. I have started enjoying a glass more regularly at dinner (on the weekends for now) and it’s just so…yummy
  • Kiehl’s Acai Berry Cleanser - This was an impulse buy and I love it. The foam feels like kisses on your face. KISSES
  • Bethenny Getting Married – I love this show, so much that I will rewatch reruns! I would love to go get coffee with her one day, I think we would both have a good laugh
  • Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer – I wore this to Pitchfork in 90+ degree weather and it didn’t run down my face while sweating. Obsessed!
  • Homemade pizza – I made one this weekend with Mexican Jack cheese, ricotta and sweet onions. OMG it was SO unhealthy but delicious. Isn’t that how it always works?
  • Ice cream – Yep, still obsessed with this one. I have a tub of French Silk ice cream in my fridge and I have no idea how I will be able to resist it
  • Red velvet cupcakes - My coworker brought some in from Sugar Bliss today and I immediately dove for one of the two available Red Velvets. Yes, I love them that much

Yes, clearly I always have skincare, makeup, food and TV on the brain. That’s normal right?

What are you loving lately? Any big weekend plans?

Movie review: That’s right, another one. This time I’m keeping it lighter with Despicable Me!

1. Lucy says:

LOVE Bethenny Getting Maried! I know Bethenny & I are destined to be BFF’s. When that happens I’ll introduce you to her! :)

2. E.P. says:

Loving your confessions tonight! I especially love red velvet cupcakes, too. So delish.

My confession? I honestly don’t know what I am going to do with myself after the wedding. I’ve spent so many hours planning and organizing, and while I’m ready to be married, I don’t know how I am going to cope with the fact that I spend so much time now and won’t have a project anymore. I think I might take up scrapbooking… or do something like that. Hopefully?

3. We had a nice merlot for supper tonight. Yum!

4. barbetti says:

Everyone talking about this Bethenny person had me intrigued (I…uh…don’t have cable), so I hit Hulu up a few days ago and OH MY WORD. Hilarious. I kept pausing it to share bits with Steve (who was TOTALLY intrigued /sarcasm) and was searching for more episodes online right after. So funny~

5. Auburnkat says:

Mine is watching Mad Men…I LOVE that show!

I love Bethanny Getting Married!!
    Just the things that come out of her mouth, she’s hilarious.

Real Housewives will not be the same without her.

I love Bethenny Getting Married. I’ve always been amazed how other castmates on RHONY try to make her out as crazy. She’s not crazy, she’s hilarious!

I’m not too obsessed with anything lately … well, except maybe Lisbeth Salander.

I cannot get enough of Bethenny Getting Married. I’m glad I’m not the only one who rewatches the reruns!

9. Maki says:

Yes, I’m obsessed with Laura Mercier Tinted moisturaizer for years too. And Bethenny, too, which it’s kind of strange because I don’t like NY Housewives. I’d love to try Kiehl’s Acai Berry cleanser – are you sure it’s not edible? :)

10. Right now I’m obsessed with dessert. Oh wait, I’m always obsessed with dessert.

However, I’m also obsessed with marathon training (which I guess is good—counters all that dessert!) and researching vacations (at the airport headed to San Diego right now!)!

Have a great weekend!

11. Yum! I’ve discovered that Harris Teeter sells containers of gelato and it’s been very bad news for my hips ;) Definitely an obsession!

12. Dude… Bethenny Getting Married is awesome. I never watched whatever Real Housewives she was on, but I SRSLY love her. My dad’s wife got me into it, actually. I seriously considered going down to Philly last week to meet her. But I’m a responsible working adult, so I couldn’t. Damn you, responsibility!!!

13. I think it sounds like you have the perfect mindseet for summer- lighthearted and not too serious.

14. Allison says:

I have pretty much always loved red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.

Love them.

15. Dude, totally normal. Those are the same things I always have on the brain. No big plans this weekend, just writing a Spanish paper and catching up on bloggyland!

16. Heidi Renée says:

I’m working this weekend but it shouldn’t get in the way of having fun… if we can think of something to do.

I’ve had a few sips of white wine lately, and surprisingly, I didn’t hate it. I’ve always hated wine. I was thinking of picking up a bottle of white to see if it was a fluke. What’s a good common grocery store white wine?

17. nic says:

AHA! So that was your secret at Pitchfork. Your face literally did not melt all day. Nicely done!

please share the pizza recipe!? Sounds so yummy! You are trying some great products; I’m looking for a new face wash so I’ll have to check out the acai one =)

I’ll have to look at your review, but I LOVED Despicable Me. Which probably makes me a kid.

Weekend plans? NONE and I’m so excited about it. So very excited about it. (Thanks for the mention and I laughed about Usher, I forgot he has a confessions CD)

19. Amy says:

I’m loving sephoras foundation primer (keeps make up in place ALL day), my new iphone (never had one before), AE’s jewelry (cheaper JCrew lookalikes) and these lounge pants from target. Soooo comfy!

20. I’m the opposite – I’m kind of obsessed with WHITE wine lately! I NEVER used to drink white wine until we went to Europe and then I started drinking it and now I LOVE IT! I don’t even crave red anymore, just a nice cool glass of white :)

I have yet to really fall in love with red wine. I need to find one. I wear a Laura Geller tinted spackle and often thats all I wear in the summer. And you do whatever you have to do to make sure you have a red velvet cupcake.