Tomorrow I’ll be on my way to New York for BlogHer and before I succumb to the bright lights and big city, I wanted to take a minute and appreciate the Big Apple.
Sure, I live in the Windy City, the third-largest city in the US, but my lust for the big city started in New York.
The first time I visited New York was a long time ago with my dad and brother. I wanted to see everything touristy and we almost did. I loved the feeling of the city, the people, the pulse and the noise (minus cars honking). I remember waking up in the middle of the night to see if the Times Square lights were still on (they were) and feeling like this was the most amazing place ever.
I’ve been to New York a bunch of times now but there is something about it that still makes me smile. I love Chicago, I love this city, but sometimes, going to New York is like going on a rollercoaster with your hands up in the air. It’s a rush.
So in prep for my trip, below is a little list of things I love about New York:
- Rockefeller Center
- Broadway shows (the music sounds so amazing)
- Street vendor shopping (pashminas for $5? Three please!)
- Food (last time I was in NY, I went to Perilla, Harold’s place from Top Chef season 1, and it was incredible)
- Central Park (Gorgeous bit of nature)
- Walking the neighborhoods (like Chicago, each has such a great vibe, I love watching the scenery change)
- The Met (this place still blows my mind with all the gorgeous artwork)
- Late night tapings (I’ve seen Conan, Stewart and Letterman live, would give anything to see Colbert!)
If you want the BlogHer play-by-play, follow me on Twitter! If you don’t, well forgive me for the BlogHer-related tweets then. I’ll try to update Twitter as much as I can, pending Sprint’s reception in the hotel.
What about you? What do you love about New York? Have you been before?