13 September 2010

Fall TV is back!

Tagged: television

This morning, I checked my DVR and saw that some of my favorite shows were in it, leading me to squeal in excitement, “Fall TV is back, yay!!!”

Yes, I yell things like that out loud. That’s one of the perks of living alone.

The BIG premiere week is next week (thank goodness I’ll be back from Denver for it!) but a few shows are starting now, which is a good move by the CW.

And thanks to Entertainment Weekly’s new issue, my DVR is going to be working overtime over the next few weeks as I select what shows I’ll keep watching this season and which one will be welcomed into my loving DVR recording schedule.

Here’s what I’m excited to see again in the DVR:

• Glee (shock)
  • Modern Family
  • The Office (let’s hope it’s funny this year)
  • Gossip Girl (Chuck Bass, I missed you!)
  • Life Unexpected
  • The Good Wife
  • Cougar Town
  • Fringe (I need to start watching this more)
  • 30 Rock
  • Parks and Rec
  • Chuck

New shows I’m curious to check out:

• Running Wilde (It’s like a marriage of Arrested Development and Felicity. Yes!)
  • Lone Star (Dallas-inspired. Yeah, I grew up watching Dallas)
  • My Generation
  • Law and Order Los Angeles (this could be really bad, but I’ll try it)
  • Undercovers (I love you JJ Abrams)

I have a very rigid screening process for my new TV shows because, well, I have to make sure I can actually watch everything I’ve recorded. And unless I give up sleep, work or working out, those shows will just be deleted, and why would I waste valuable space for that?

What shows are you excited to see again? Do you plan to check out any of the new shows coming out?

New Movie Review: Mark Wahlberg and Will Ferrell kick some a** in The Other Guys

1. Cougar Town is great coz i also love hot women who are cougars .

I really cannot wait for GLEE to return! I just love that show!!!! I also am a Gossip Girl fan. I need to get into watching more shows—so I’m going to add some from your list to my DVR set-up. I can never watch “live” TV anymore—I have to record and re-watch later when I can just FF through all the commercials. I’m too impatient :)

3. steph anne says:

I’m sooo glad I’m not the only one with a long list of TV shows that I’m currently watching. It’s not like I need new shows to add to my list but I am definitely interested in seeing these new shows that you listed. Thank god for DVR! I really hope I don’t get to the point where I have to give a show up because I can’t tape more than 2 shows at the same time (same for you?)

4. Mega says:

I haven’t had the time to quite think about shows for the fall season yet. I guess I will go with the usual suspects. Office, Glee, but no more 24. NBA will be a must watch this year.

5. Heidi Renée says:

Of the ones on your list, I’ll definitely be watching (slash recording, because sometimes video games get in the way of my schedule) Glee and The Good Wife. I can’t even remember what other shows I need to watch when right now, so I hope my DVR is a good little machine and carries over the recordings from last season.

I finally finished reading EW’s fall TV preview last night and scheduling things in my DVR. I record one episode of a bunch of new shows to see what I’m going to like. Coming back this year are Gossip Girl, Survivor, Top Chef (trying out the desserts show), Fringe, Brothers & Sisters, Desperate Housewives, Medium, RW/RR Challenge and some more Real Housewives (Beverly Hills … the ATL girls are too much even for me). I’m also excited that talk shows are back with new episodes. I love having some Ellen to watch when I get home. :)

7. nic says:

I’m the same exact way. I seriously spent 30 minutes updating my tivo over the weekend to ensure that it would ample recording space for the new shows and that the season pass would be appropriately programmed to record all episodes and keep them until I delete. I’m one of those people who waits to start watching a show (about 30 mins. in) so I can fast forward through the commercials. Which also means I have to stay off of twitter until I’ve seen the whole episode (referring especially to Mad Men). Really looking forward to Modern Family, 30 Rock (Matt Damon as Carol!), The Office (here’s hoping Holly comes back), and Gossip Girl (still hanging on though by a thread).

Hope you’re having a fancy time on vacation!

I will definitely be checking out the Undercover tv show! Looks like a great show for sure.
    And Glee!!! Can’t wait. One week!

9. Fall TV back on next week!! it’s almost just as good as christmas! I can’t wait for Glee (duh), Modern Family, Parenthood (although it premieres tonight), Grey’s Anatomy (hopefully it will be better this season), 30 Rock.

I’m also interested in checking out My Generation. It looks like it has potential.

10. So ready for fall tv! I cannot wait for nearly all those shows you listed… I am FINALLY getting DVR too. Need to set the shows up! :)

Thank goodness for fall tv….I can’t wait to see How I Met Your Mother.

12. I really hope that Running Wilde is good–I love Will Arnett and Keri Russell, but I’ve heard bad things :( Still going to give it a shot though. Yay Fall TV!!!

So ready for fall TV — though knowing me, I’ll forget what’s on when and miss all my shows.

I really should invest in a DVR.

I’m uber excited for Gossip Girl — mainly because I just started watching it on Netflix (I know, I’ve been living under a rock). But, I’m ALMOST through Season 3, and since Season 4 isn’t out yet, I’ll just have to suck it up and skip ahead. I love Chuck Bass!

I’m also interested in My Generation. Could be bad, could be good. And I can’t give up on Grey’s or Private Practice just yet.

14. Jennifer says:

Parks and Rec is not coming back til midseason…and I’m very hostile about it.

15. I’m more of a reality TV watcher … Biggest Loser, Survivor and Amazing Race.

16. When I saw a commercial for Parenthood the other day, I think a few tears came into my eyes. I love that show. Also excited for Cougar Town to start back up and to check out a new HBO series called Boardwalk Empires.

17. L.C.T. says:

Glee is back over there?????? When’s it back over here! :(

18. Lindsay says:

I’m so excited for Glee to come back! I feel like there’s a big hole in my week when it’s not on.

19. LOVE Gossip Girl! I’m about to go stream it and catch up on tonights episode :-)

20. Grace says:

I love television. I can’t wait to start watching my favorites again. I’m looking forward to the new Law and Order since it’s in my state and hoping that The Event turns out to be good.

You have so many shows! How do you find the time to watch them all? I am really looking forward to Parenthood, but thats about it. I can’t commit to so many nights and I dont have DVR.

22. Akirah says:

I can’t wait. Summer had me watching some random shit on TV. Right now I’m watching an Eminem countdown on Fuse. Weird.

23. lbluca77 says:

I am beyond excited for Glee. I only have about 5 or 6 episodes left to watch of the first season. Yay for Gossip Girl being back tonight. I didn’t realize how much sooner it was coming back than all the other shows. I gave up on The Office half way through last season, but I loved Life Unexpected and Cougar Town.

L&O Los Angeles I’m not sure how I feel about it. I just don’t think it will be the same. Its like Sex and the City how they always said NY was the fifth lady, for L&O NY was always like another character to me. But I am going to give the LA one a shot.