30 September 2010

Random Thursday thoughts

Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday because this week has been a long one. I’ll blame the start of the new month…yeah that’s it.

Either way, woo for Friday!

As I’m easing back into a blogging groove again, I realized there are a few loose ends I wanted to revisit based on some recent blog posts.

Roomba

First up, Roomba. I tweeted last week that I haven’t run my beloved Roomba in almost a week. I think she fears that I’m mad at her or don’t love her any more. That could not be further from the truth. Mama J has just been busy! But I’m sure there is plenty of hair for her to pick up this weekend :)

In fact, I wanted to share a quick video I made a few weeks ago of my babies Roomba and Bubbles. I grabbed a photo of them together in my apartment and now I have physical proof of their interaction while Roomba cleans my apartment.

Yeah apparently they do NOT get a long. Roomba is one tough b*tch.

Glasses

So my contacts situation has not improved and lately, I’ve been wearing my glasses more. Sure, I’m still nervous about wearing them in public, but due to horrible eye itching and discomfort, I’ve had to get over that more and more. And, to my surprise, people come up and compliment me on them. Again, they may just be acting nice but it is helping the anxiety ease up :)

And to further help me get over my dislike of wearing my glasses in public, here is a slightly bad photo of me in them.

Cash Cab

Okay this isn’t in a previous post but I am obsessed with this show. I watch it at the gym sometimes and I cannot get enough. When I was in New York during BlogHer, I hoped every single cab I got in was Cash Cab. Tonight, Cash Cab did a bit on 30 Rock and it made me laugh and feel jealous that Tracy was “on” that show. I don’t want to brag but I think I would be awesome on it, especially if there are mostly movie/pop culture questions. Is anyone else obsessed with this show?

Anything random on your mind? Or do you have big plans for this weekend?

Movie Review: Sneak peek at Hillary Swank’s new movie Conviction. Is it that arresting? (bad pun)

1. Lakisha Vaile says:

Ophthalmologists are physicians. They went to medical school. After school, they had a one-year internship and a residency of three or more years.-:^*

Current write-up coming from our own website

2. you look great in your glasses!! I’ve always preferred glasses over contacts (I’m near-sighted).

as for cash cab, I recently got into it and I’m a tad obsessed as well. I was practically dying when I was watching Tracy Jordan answer the questions!

Roomba be taking Bubbles out…..don’t eff with her or she’ll clothesline a ho…lol :)

4. Chelsa Bea says:

Aaaaaa, loving the roomba video!

5. Grace says:

I was right! You look adorable in your glasses! Rock them proudly, lady. They look great!

Re: Cash Cab, it is the best show to watch at a bar while eating dinner (even if the captions have to be on)! This summer we sat through about four or five episodes — well after we’d finished eating — just so I could answer more questions. Love it!

I love your glasses too. I’m more of a glasses girl than a contacts girl anyway.

I love Cash Cab! I always try to answer along with the show when I’m working out too. Maybe someday you will be on it! :)

8. I love your glasses! I need glasses but have failed to get my tush to the eye doctor to get some. But those are the exact kind. I just don’t like the fact that I instantly look 12.

My big weekend plans…cleaning up my dvr and driving to my old house 3 hours away to get the last of my stuff. Don’t be jealous!

I like the glasses! But I also completely understand the reluctance to wear them. I feel the same way about mine.

I used to love Cash Cab but then I got tired of the drama and stage-y-ness of it. I guess I’m more of a Jeopardy girl.

10. Elizabeth says:

Your roomba is awesome! I have a contacts prescription, but I stopped using them in lieu of my glasses a long time ago, mostly due to laziness and my desire to be able to cop a spontaneous nap without preparation.

11. Sarah says:

I think I could watch that video of Roomba with your Paper Mache cat/rabbit over and over and over again! I really want a Roomba now…:)

12. Bad Roomba, picking on Bubbles like that!

I say own the glasses, girlfriend. I just got new lenses in mine and they make me insanely dizzy. Somehow the corresponding contacts are fine… which actually kind of sucks for when I don’t want to wear contacts but need to see. I can’t just toss on the glasses anymore!

13. TC says:

I heart Ben Bailey

14. I really like those glasses! You totally rock them.

15. I am OBSESSED with Cash Cab!!!!