10 November 2010

Random non-weekend, pre-trip thoughts

I love to travel but I get so wound up before I leave that I work myself into a total tizzy, much like I’m doing right now. URGH I hate when I do that!

Anyhow, to help clear my cluttered mind of random stuff I’m thinking about, I put together a lovely bulleted list of things on my mind, some more random than others.

• How long will it take once I arrive in Mexico to be on the beach with drink in hand? My guess? One hour (at the most)
  • Is it possible to wear leggings as pants all the time and not look silly? I’m willing to try
  • I’m totally obsessed with Boo the dog on Facebook. Seriously, I would steal that dog. I want one just like him (kidding?) The video of his “typical day” makes me scream with cuteness
  • This week’s episode of Glee was so amazing. I’m letting myself download three (or four) songs…or maybe just all of them :)
  • Daylight savings time is bringing me down. I love getting another hour of sleep, but dark at 5 p.m.? Really?
  • Arielle asked me this weekend if everyone in the Midwest is obsessed with football. After seeing the crowds at the bar Sunday, I think she’s right
  • Why is picking paint colors so difficult? I’m so indecisive with what colors to select for my living room/bedroom. I’m thinking off white and light gray but I cannot commit. Blerg
  • I’m pretty much also stalking photos from the Breaking Dawn set in Brazil. I’ve got Twilight fever yet again!
  • I need to get back in for a mani/pedi stat. I did my own last night and it was…well embarrassing
  • I’m dying to try Temptu’s Under Eye Concealer. I have serious under eye circles

Also, THANK YOU everyone for the feedback on the dresses to wear to the wedding. Holy cow, I was truly blown away by the response it got!

The dresses I packed tonight are the Banana Republic purple/black dress, floral dress and pink NY & Co. one. The final pick will be a gametime decision, but I feel good about all of them thanks to you guys! I even laid out jewelry, purses and shoes. I will be glammed up in any of those dresses!

What’s on your mind lately?

1. andhari says:

Mexico and drinks? Oh wow I need a vacation badly, I think I just drooled :p

2. Allison says:

you better not be wearing leggings on the beach!

3. I thought Boo was a stuffed toy when I looked first. Ha!

4. steph anne says:

I’m so used to it getting dark early here anyways since we don’t do DST in Arizona. Oooh, do share the stalking photos of Breaking Dawn!!

5. E.P. says:

I’m hating the fact that it gets dark at 5 now, as well. I feel like it puts a cramp on my entire day because when I get home from work, I just want to go to sleep.

I hope you are having an AMAZING time in Mexico!

6. Stephany says:

The biggest thing I hate about DST is how early it gets dark! That is, until a few weeks in when it becomes the norm again. And then I have to go through it all again when DST ends and it stays light for so much later! ;)

7. Julianne says:

I am in the same boat with paint colors for my bathroom. I change my mind everyday. Have fun on your trip!

Have a fantastic time in Mexico!! I say why wait even an hour before you have a drink in hand? You’re on vacation, start as soon as the plane lands.

9. Elizabeth says:

Leggings are perfectly okay all the time, especially with an adorable shirt dress.

Have a great trip!! I’m glad you feel confident about all the dresses–you really can’t go wrong.

10. Heidi Renée says:

I haven’t watched Glee yet. And this week is MSU’s bye week so no football for me, boo.

seriously have sooooo much fun!! woo mexico!

Please tell Arielle with absolute certainty that not everyone in the Midwest is obsessed with football. My husband and I pretty much hate it! AND it jacks up the TV schedule. Boo.

13. Bing says:

Leggings are amazing, enough said. =)

I’ve never seen Boo until just now. He’s so cute, and I want one!

Where are these Breaking Dawn photos? I feel like doing some stalking too!

Mexico is awesome. I hope you have an amazing trip!

14. have a fun trip : )
    glee was fabulous last night! and i got a mani/pedi yesterday and it was glorious!

15. Aah I’m behind on Glee!!!

If Temptu’s concealer doesn’t work for you… try Benefit’s Erase Paste.

My mind is on this work week being over…I’m ready for the weekend already.

17. nic says:

Boo the Dog! Just the sort of thing I’d love and obsess over! Thank you!

Also, Arielle: if it’s true, I am the exception to the rule. I couldn’t care less.

And as for picking pain colors, my theory is to ask yourself what kind of mood you’d like to have in a room. Something light and cheerful? Something calming? Something energizing? And test the color before you buy the whole can. I painted my living room walls a milk chocolately brown to contrast my pale blue-grey couch. I wish I’d have tested it on my walls first because I’d definitely have gone much lighter. Hope that helps!

Finally, have a GREAT trip! :)

18. Sunflowers says: