13 January 2011

Big love to my Uggs

Tagged: Fashion

I love Uggs. People can mock them (they’re ugly!) tease me for wearing them (cankles!) and say how unfashionable they are (hello, Oprah featured them again on her Favorite Things show so suck it), but I love them.

When you live in a big city and rely heavily on walking or public transportation, you need to stay warm, which means fashion goes out the window and warmth is in season. And Uggs keep your feet WARM, even if they aren’t made for snow and bad winter weather.

This year, I held off as long as I could to bring them out and then finally, not too long before Thanksgiving I said it. Bring out…..THE UGGS!

And then I realized, the bright pink Uggs I bought three years ago, needed to be retired. But before I welcomed in my new Ugg b*tches, I paid a little respect to my pink Uggs.

Sporty!

Pink Uggs, tonight, I pour out a $6 bottle of Cook’s champagne on my tile kitchen floors to honor you and listen to some sweet Boyz II Men jams to remember all the good times we had together.

Now, the pink Uggs sit lovingly in my closet, in case I need them for a dire emergency but the new PURPLE Uggs are out in force and kickin’ it Midwest style. And last week, they were the belle of the ball at work. Multiple people came up to tell me how cute they were and remark on the color. Cankles are SO IN…as long as they’re purple.

Here is a picture of my haut new Uggs.

So mock me, tease me, berate me but these b*tches get compliments and when you’re a girl like me, you take it where you can get it.

Be on the watchout for these babies in Chicago, You can definitely find me in a crowd :)

What about you? Are you an Uggs lover or hater?

1. Marianne says:

Oh ! its a great job. Your posting is really true as well as helpful for all. These key factors must need to in consideration to sale our home. Thank you for sharing with us.keep it up. cosmetica groothandel

2. sarah says:

I got the bailey bow UGGS chestnut and they are so warm and so cute. I always get compliments on those babies! Im debating on getting another pair so cute!

3. Grace says:

My mom has knock off uggs and she loves them. They keep her warm and that’s all she cares about. I totally understand in that way it’s just the girls in the short skirts and uggs that throw me off. What’s the point?

4. Bing says:

I don’t own Uggs because they are so expensive and hard to justify when living in GA, but I got Bear Paws for Christmas, and I’m so glad I did. They have carried me through the snowstorms in NY and GA and have kept my feet nice and toasty.

I am loving the purple color! So fun!

5. HUGE uggs lover…one of the few things that make winter bearable for me :)

6. Cherish says:

I LOVE my UGGS and for all of us Chicago chicks, especially if you go CTA/Metra in the winter, they are a requirement! I have a brown pair and a pink pair of the Cardy (knit) UGGS. I am debating getting a new “nicer” pair because the brown ones are approaching their placement in “emergency only” territory…. that purple is very tempting but I’m really leaning towards the gray ones.

Now I haven’t brought myself to jump on the Hunter bandwagon yet… every time its slushy or snow is piled high I consider it, but I tried them on and they were so not cute. Then again, I guess I felt the same way about my beloved UGGS before I owned a pair…

7. Allison says:

here’s the thing – if you live in the midwest you need a pair of uggs, or a pair of serious boots.

i have mine from 4 years ago – i still love them. best purchase ever. I have the lace up ones from oprah’s favorite things.

8. I soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo want a pair that I have uber envy of your Uggs.

9. It’s funny, I hate Crocs for all the reasons people say they hate Uggs, but I will fight you to the death for my love of Uggs. They are sooooo wonderful when it’s so cold.

10. Auburnkat says:

I LOVE Uggs!! Although the pair I have will need to be retired next year, they really are starting to not look so great=)

11. I would never do real Uggs because they’re made from sheepskin, but I can’t bring myself to try the faux ones, either. I have real winter boots to use when I’m home.

12. I’ve been an UGG-lover from the very beginning. I have nothing but love for my almost 6-year-old pair. I’ve been looking to buy a new pair…I had my eye on the crocheted ones but when I tried them on, the toe part looked weird. so I may just stick with “the classic” and get a tall pair.

I used to be a hater, but now I don’t care. If they keep your feet warm, more power to you. I can often be found rocking my black North Face snow boots in the winter (like today) and I couldn’t give a shit less if they look unfashionable.

14. i am pro uggs too lol. i used to have a short purple pair.. i LOVED them. I wore them to death. i think i had to toss because they were gross lol.

I love the purple uggs! I only make fun of people who wear them when its about 60 degrees. Now I’m off to google more about these purple ones!

16. You do what you gotta do to keep your feet toasty!

17. I don’t own Uggs, but I probably should since I live in Minneapolis. We’ve gotten so much snow this year, I really should have invested in a pair by now. I love the color choice!!! I never even knew Uggs came in colors like that – so fun!

Purple Uggs! I’ve never seen such a thing.

I was also in the “they’re ugly and not very waterproof and what’s the point” camp until this most recent Christmast. My mother in law bought me a pair at Nordstrom’s Last Chance for under $50. And my feet? Never been warmer.

19. Zoot says:

First…I used to be UGG hater b/c I just thought they were ugly. No biggie, I’m not fashion diva, I think a lot of “in style” stuff is ugly.

BUT…

I bought a pair of house shoes at Target last year that have “fur” lininig them and they are the best thing on my feet. I love them. Since I bought those thing? I have constantly been thinking about how wonderful UGGS must feel.

but I still thought they were ugly. But they would be cozy! So torn.

THEN…this year? They cam out with the ones that look like sweaters on the outside. With the big buttons. Have you seen those? ARe they fur-lined? Because THOSE? I think they’re adorable. Still too much for me to spend on them (I think…not completely decided yet) but I think they’re cute.

20. as much as i hate them omg are they warm. and i bought a pair of bear paws and they have been amazing in europe. my toes are always toasty and i see a ton of them. so i’ve been converted to a fan of them.

21. maki says:

UGGS are sooooo warm – they almost make your feet sweat!

22. I love my Uggs. In fact, I’m wearing them right now as I’m at work :) I have the Classic Short in Chocolate and wished I would’ve gotten them sooner vs wasting money on fake ones. Love them! I don’t really care that they’re “Uggs” because it’s MN and it’s cold and it’s the only thing that’s EVER kept my feet toasty during the winter!

23. Jenn says:

I obviously love my uggs but have never been brave enough to venture into color. I stick with the camel brown thanks :) and I have the tall ones like yours but I usually fold them down. Not sure why but I think it makes my legs look better? And even though they’re the warmest, in college I was notorious for wearing my little $10 target ballet flats EVERYWHERE – rain or shine. Even in the snow. All around campus. And yeah my feet were cold but I guess I don’t care about cold feet? I looked cute :)

24. suki says:

I have fake Uggs that I used to wear to keep warm. I haven’t brought them out for this season though.

25. Rachel says:

As a former shoe sales woman I made fun off Uggs…until a glitch in the system had them on sale for 75% off. Then I elbowed a security lady out of the way to buy the last pair of 9’s.
    True story.
    P.S. I’m really a size 10
    P.P.S. I made those fuckers fit.

26. San says:

First of all, I love the color and I can attest to the cozy warmness og UGGS – unbeatable!

The classic UGGS are a bit too casual, but I own a pair of the Knightsbridge UGGS (with a zipper on the back of your calf) and they’re awesome!!! <3