17 February 2011

Some pre-weekend random thoughts

Happy Thursday everyone! I hope you’re having a great week. Things are crazy yet again in my world so I am keeping this post full of bullets.

Let’s venture in to my brain :)

• Found out today from Nora and other Twitter friends that they DID see me on Oprah today. That totally made my afternoon. Tonight, I saw it with my own two eyes! I’ll try to grab a picture of it to show everyone. If you DVR’ed it, I’m at the commercial break around minute eight
  • I’m thinking of taking the 30-Day Vegan challenge. I think it would be a great opportunity to readjust my diet but giving up dairy would be a huge problem. I love dairy…a lot
  • The movie trailer for Something Borrowed (inspired by Emily Giffin’s “pink book”) was finally released. I’ve watched it probably 10 times. My man, John K, is looking SUPER hot in this yet again. I’ll be seeing this
  • Bethenny Ever After starts in two weeks on Bravo and I cannot wait. I would love to have tea and scones with Bethenny and Gail Simmons. They are my Bravo girl crushes
  • My HGTV addiction is on full-force. I am obsessed with House Hunters and Selling New York. Makes me want to have my own home
  • An SLR is in my future but I can’t pull the trigger to buy. Sometimes, I hate being so cautious with spending
  • I’m also becoming addicted to Fringe and Parks and Rec. Both are must-watches in my DVR and I look forward to both each week. My Pacey crush is getting bigger too
  • I have another week to take vacation this summer. I’m thinking of Seattle and Portland or Seattle and Vancouver. I honestly cannot decide

Well, I think that covers just about everything I’m thinking about right now.

What’s on your mind? Any big weekend plans?

1. Kristin says:

I can’t stop calling him Pacey either!

2. Anna says:

I’m in the same boat with a SLR. I can’t seem to justify spending so much money…yet.

I wish I could have seen you on Oprah! I don’t have DVR so I never see Oprah. Hope you had a great weekend.

4. There are vegan versions of any dairy thing that you could possibly want–cream cheese, milk, creamer for coffee, and of course cheese. I can recommend a ton of things!

Gosh, that is a tough choice! I would say Portland, but that’s mostly because I have a very dear friend who lives there and I would want to see her. So that wouldn’t really work for you. :) But I would DEFINITELY want to go to Vancouver! It is so beautiful there.

I’m excited for Bethenny Ever After, too! I was also really hoping the new Real Housewives premiering next week would be the NYC crew, but I guess it’s Miami instead. I suppose it will have to do. Do you watch Survivor at all? A new season started this past week and the first episode was great!

6. Rachel says:

Keep watching Fringe! I NEED that show to survive! I love Walter’s weird accent and Peter’s forever 5 o’clock shadow.

7. Marjolein says:

SLR wise, you can get a pretty decent standard camera at competitive prices (like the Nikon D40 for example). You can later invest in better quality lenses if you want, but a basic body + kit lens will already make a big difference compared to point and shoot cameras.

My weekend plans include lots of party planning and my mum’s 65th birthday party! I’m looking forward to it but there’s still so much to do…

oh yes please share a screen cap of oprah, i totally missed it, gah!

also, i totally agree, john k, adorable!!

9. Erica says:

Pull the trigger on the SLR. Seriously. You will regret it if you go on an amazing trip to Italy and realize once you get there that capturing the sights is really difficult with a little point and shoot. You’ll have the camera forever, and if you buy a good brand like Nikon or Canon, you’ll still be able to use the lenses even if you upgrade the camera body later. It’s totally worth it, I promise. :-)

Ummmm…I had NO idea Something Borrowed was going to be a movie. You have seriously made my weekend!!!! I wonder if they’ll do Something Blue to?!?! Such a good series.

Also, I’m so bummed I missed you on Oprah. If you can find a video or photo that’d be awesome!

11. can’t give you advice re: Vancouver or Portland (though my great uncle lives there and loves it!) but Seattle is AWESOME. Seriously love that city! Let me know if you end up going–definitely have restaurant recommendations for you!

12. Suz says:

OMGEEEEE! That trailer for Something Borrowed makes me so freaking excited I can’t even stand it!!!

13. jen says:

just checked out that trailer and i’m soooo excited! ginnifer looks darling!

14. jenn says:

Go vegan for 30 days! You can do it! You will honestly be surprised at how easy it is once you get over the initial shock of not being able to eat Lou Malnati’s :(

And if you end up deciding on Seattle, look into the Seattle Savor food tours. My friend Rosi told me about them & Rob and I are going to do a few of them when we’re in Seattle in June. They even cater to vegan diets. ;)

Loved seeing you on Oprah yesterday! I was *that* person standing in the breakroom at the office periodically throughout the show looking for you (even though I should have been working…). Anyway!

HGTV. Once I turn it on, it’s hard to turn it off. Especially if Color Splash is on. I love me some David Bromstead, even if he doesn’t like girls.

Have a fabulous weekend. I’ll be in WI hanging out with the boyfriend, watching way too many movies and playing Wii games!

16. I hear there was a Knoxville connection on your Oprah show??? (I didn’t get to watch, but it’s been all the buzz here)

I can’t wait till Bethanney comes back..I love that show, her and her one liners.

18. Caz says:

Vancouver, Vancouver, Vancouver!!!! Seriously, it is absolutely beautiful in the summer and definitely the best time to go. Plus I can give you a billion tips on what to do!

Just wish I’d be there :-(

19. phampants says:

if you need vegan tips, i have a few delicious and CHEAP recipes you can use.

20. i absolutely LOVE hgtv’s house hunters. i watch it constantly and wish i was able to buy a house!

And i totally recommend Seattle! I loved it there last week and I wish i could have gone to Vancouver and explored more of the area!

21. lbluca77 says:

I read Something Borrowed a few years ago and loved it so much i went right out after I was done and read Something Blue. I don’t think I left my apartment until I finished it. Can’t wait to see that movie.