27 May 2011

Looking forward to a long weekend

Tagged: Chicago, Random

Yesterday was Thursday but I was playing Rebecca Black’s song “Friday” in my head because that’s what it was for me. FRIDAY. My company closed our office today so I get a four-day weekend, and let me tell you something, I need it.

Yes, it’s officially my Memorial Day weekend and I will be staycationing it in Chicago because, well I have to save money to travel again. And after a crazy two week trip, I’m ready to lay low.

So what do I have planned for a four-day weekend since I’m not leaving Chicago? Well, not much actually and I couldn’t be more excited. But, since I’m a planner, I do have a few things I want to get done:

• First mani/pedi of the season. This is a MUST!
  • Hit up the Nordstrom Women’s Sale (yes, I have a list of what I need to get)
  • See the movie, “Something Borrowed” (even though I know it will be bad)
  • Visit the Chicago French Market (oh la la!)
  • Grocery shop (naturally)
  • Get some good BBQ (pulled pork get in mah belly)
  • Maybe do one of the Chicago Architecture Boat tours (but it has to be warmer than 40 degrees out during the day)
  • Keep catching up with friends

So nothing too strenuous but lots of things to look forward to. That sounds like exactly what I need. But I’m definitely excited about that mani/pedi, my cuticles are a total mess.

Anyhow, I hope you all have a safe and happy, Memorial Day weekend! Are you doing anything fun?

1. Marjolein says:

I need a mani/pedi too! And a haircut… but I only have a one day weekend and I think I’ll spend it catching up on sleep.
    I hope you have a lovely memorial day weekend!

I need a pedi like it’s my job….my feet are a mess.

I’ve heard mixed things about Something Borrowed. I’m reading the book right now and actually like it which kind of surprised me.

Your weekend sounds fabulous! Enjoy it!

I’ll be making the great trek north tomorrow… for good! :)

sounds like a fabulous weekend plan to me. i want to get a pedi too, we’ll see though. enjoy the staycation!

5. L.C.C. says:

You Americans – any excuse for a holiday!! ;-) What is memorial day??

6. Mega says:

That architecture boat tour has my name written alllll over it. Hook a brother up.

7. Erica says:

Oooh, enjoy the mani/pedi. I desperately need one too now that the sun has finally come out in NYC. I saw Something Borrowed with a girlfriend and it actually wasn’t too bad! She had read the book and said it was spot on, so if you’ve read it and liked it, sounds like you’ll like the movie.

8. April says:

It isn’t more than 40 degrees during the day over Memorial Day weekend in Chicago? Daaaamn.

9. Grace says:

That is my kind of weekend! Shopping, friends, mani/pedis. Yes! I get my first grades of law school today. I am crossing my fingers that I will be celebrating all weekend.

10. Allie says:

And catch up with me! I’m on my way to Chicago now :)

I really want to see the movie, “I Am.” Everyone is raving about it (P.S. I thought ‘Something Borrowed’ was cute)

11. jen says:

something borrowed was actually pretty cute and funny! my girlfriends and i enjoyed it :)

12. Looks like a great weekend you have planned!