08 June 2011

Things I love right now

Right now, I’m not spending crazy, but let’s just say…I’m enjoying not funneling all funds in to a trip fund again just yet :)

So now that I’m helping Chicago’s economy by doing a little spending, I’m making a little list of things I’m loving right now.

Target’s Grocery – Okay this is a little lame but I’m obsessed with the grocery section of Target. City grocery stores (even chains) are expensive but this is SO NOT. I love it.

Chobani Blueberry Yogurt – I was not a Greek yogurt fan at first, but now I’m loving this. It’s a little pricey but a nice treat

Nordstrom-brand necklaces – I bought one about a year ago and I wear it all the time. Affordable and the metal doesn’t fade after multiple wears. I just picked up the Etched Link one this weekend. LIKE!

Kiehl’s Acne Blemish Control Daily Skin-Clearing Treatment – My pale skin shows scars pretty well but this has helped soften the scars I do have on my face and neck. LIKE!

Truffle Salt – I brought a LOT of this back with me from Italy and it’s so tasty. Adds so much to regular pasta dishes, popcorn, etc. LIKE!

Sequin enamel bracelets (Brights and Ikat) – Found them at Nordstrom and fell in love! Stackable and bright, two things I love in bracelets

Moleskine notebooks – My stationary-savvy friend introduced me to Moleskine and I picked up an adorable red journal for Italy. A) I never lose it and b) the bookmark and elastic closure keeps it from getting damaged

Summer nail polish colors! – My go-to colors are OPI’s Feelin’ Hot Hot Hot for my toes and Essie’s Guchi Muchi Puchi for my fingernails. Time to get back in the mani/pedi routine!

What are some of the products or foods you love right now?

1. I’m loving your loves right now. The moleskin notebooks are awesome and any kind of summery nail polish is good in my book. And I am 100% behind Target’s grocery. Used to shop there ALL THE TIME in college, and you better believe I’ll be doing it now, too.

My current loves? The fact that I am a full-time freelancer again (HALLELUJAH!), the fact that we are moved into our new home in Baton Rouge and the fact that Lucy Belle has become more and more snuggly since we got here.

2. Julianne says:

Have you discovered Target coupons yet? They have store coupons on their site and I find them really useful.

Greek yogurt is the best!

target’s grocery store has been sort of a life saver some days when i’m too lazy to go to two places, haha. and it’s not that expensive which is always a perk.

i’m currently loving reading outside and being hot as well as pineapple. lots and lots of pineapple.

4. Marjolein says:

I’m only spending on the wedding – but I did find the perfect pair of shoes to go with my dress yesterday!

I love journals and notebooks with bookmakers and elastic closures. I’m also loving an OPI nailpolish, my summer color is Strawberry Margarita.

6. I’ve been spending money lately too, I kind of go in waves.

7. Caryn says:

I don’t know why I didn’t think of going to Target for groceries before. IT IS GENIUS! I feel like a lightbulb just went off. Thanks!!

Oh, and I just got into greek yogurt too. I’m drawing a blank on the name (I think green label?) but it comes with honey. Super delicious and doesn’t affect my lactose intolerance.

8. April says:

Mmm, greek yogurt. I believe you can get a good handful of Chobani coupons if you Google for them. That might help the pain of the price a bit!

9. I might have to try that Kiehls serum–I have some scarring that needs to be whipped into shape ;) I’m loving Mario Badescu for my facial products, but I haven’t seen a scar serum from them.

10. allison says:

interesting you mention Kiehl’s. I have their body lotion and it’s amazing stuff too. I may have to try that.

Moleskin notebooks are a must have. I haven’t seen it in red though… may have to track one down :)

Things I’m loving? Our local grocery store has a program where you can earn points when you shop there. Those points? They go towards discounts on gasoline. Seriously. It’s kind of awesome. I think we have 15 cents per gallon off up to 15 gallons right now. The best part is they accumulate!

I’m also loving the fact that we have cooler weather today, even if it’s with a side of rain. At least I don’t wish I was hanging out on the beach in town today…

I’m loving my DVR right now. I hate missing my programs but I;m glad to know they’re waiting safely for me when I get home :)

13. Kez says:

I’m going through a massive Nutella phase.
    I am also loving OPI (but don’t wanna splurge too much until I’m working again).
    I think that’s about it for now!
    Besides the fact that I will ALWAYS love my DVR haha.