16 June 2011

A crazy week of highs and lows

Tagged: Random

This week has been bananas. B-A-N-A-N-A-S. I have no idea why but Monday-Wednesday were a blur and even today I said out loud, “It’s only 12:30 p.m.? Are you kidding me?”

Yes, during those type of weeks, I tend to hibernate a bit, focus on what I need to get done and then come up for air. That’s why I’ve been an exceptionally bad blogger and blog reader this week. Heck, I’ve barely been on Twitter or Facebook. That’s saying something.

So before I scream, TGIF!!! tomorrow, I thought I’d recap the good and amusing things that happened this week. Hopefully, it’ll all balance out :)

Highs

• Booking BlogHer and Seattle airfare! FINALLY!
  • Getting a VERY good deal on Seattle airfare, seriously, makes me so happy
  • Discovering Williams Sonoma’s vegetable scrubbing gloves. SO CUTE
  • Giving two people I care a lot about good news. There may have been tears
  • Glass of wine with Nic, seriously, I love girls nights out that include wine
  • Standing up for customer service people at CVS when a woman was being inappropriately rude to them. Yes, I’m guilty of this but I’m all about putting out good karma right now
  • Getting a price adjustment on my Nordstrom necklace, another $7 in my pocket!
  • Spending the night outside with friends laughing and drinking wine (yes, wine twice in one week!)

Not really “low” but not super enjoyable

• My credit card being flagged for fraud because of a $23 charge from Movietickets.com. Really?
  • Having that credit card denied in public (before learning about the fraud flag). Embarrassing
  • Trying to make myself love the Marc by Marc Jacobs Percy bag color (which looked different in person) and realizing it won’t work out
  • Realizing I need to seriously start looking for a new apartment. Sigh, I hate it

Hmm, looking back, the week was insanely busy but not SO bad after all :) That’s all I can hope for.

What about you? What were the highs and lows of your week? Any big weekend plans?

Movie Review: Taking a trip with Woody Allen to Midnight in Paris

1. I’m so excited that you’re getting to travel so much this summer… Seriously. I love that for you and wish you were going to be in Chicago at the same time as me!

My high this week so far? Rocking out on photo editing Monday and knocking out all the editing I needed to do. My low for this week so far? Not doing a damn thing yesterday. ;) C’est la vie…

I would love to go to Bloger…I hope they have another on the East coast again

this week seriously was nuts but yay for wine nights, those make any crazy week better right?

4. This week has sucked for A LOT of people I talked to, including myself! I think it’s that darn full moon.

Hope next week is better for both of us :)

At least your highs list is longer than the lows list!

This week has alternated between super slow and super busy for me, too. I’m looking forward to getting out of work early on Friday and sleeping in on Saturday!

6. allison says:

drinking wine on patios is a blast.

7. oh i really want to see that movie- going to read your review! Also those veggie scrubbing gloves are so cute haha :)

8. Julianne says:

How embarrassing on the credit card thing! But, awesome finding airfare deals, seems like those are harder to come by these days.

9. I hear ya! Today 2 hours into my shift at work, it felt like I had been there for *at least* 6 hours. Definitely is one of those weeks!

And try having a card declined in front of your parents after they just got done asking if you have enough money! But technically it wasn’t declined, the store only accepted cash/check or debit and mastercard. But yeah- um, that sucked.

10. Stevie says:

YAY Seattle! I’m so excited you’ll be here!!!

What does the purse look like in real life? How disappointing. It’s so cute!

11. Akirah says:

I’m so glad your high list is much longer than the low list. That bag is really cute in the picture…I’m sad it sucks in real life. I love wine nights with friends too. I bought a bottle for myself, but then realized I’d much rather share it with someone. So I haven’t opened it yet. I hope I get a chance to drink it soon!

12. suki says:

ooh, blogher! i’m going too, but i think we’re driving.