19 June 2011

This was one of those weekends

Tagged: Chicago, Friends

Happy Sunday everyone!

Yes it was one of those weekends.

One where there is amazing spring weather in the city you love and you celebrate with friends, which can lead to things getting a little rowdy.

Such as, going to a good friend’s party with pink champagne and another friend has the f*cking brilliant idea in Kmart (where you’ve stopped to pick up a hostess gift) to arrive at the party with that champagne in a huge plastic garden swan.

I mean, that is such a genius idea, and here’s how it turned out.

This is the best champagne vessel I’ve ever seen.

It is also one of those weekends where you fall a little victim to strawberry (or raspberry) vodka lemonade (after not learning your lesson with it the year before) and end up petting someone else’s purse, which ends up being photographed.

That friends, is the look of pure joy. To be fair, the large, black Chanel quilted purse is my dream purse so the opportunity to hold it could not be passed up.

I look kind of skinny in that picture too. Not sure how that happened.

Hopefully next year, I’ll also wear a shirt to that party that isn’t see through. Seriously, WTF?

Also, I won’t fall asleep in a cab on the way home. Clearly, I’m batting a thousand in the common sense department right now.

How was your weekend?

1. that garden swan is hilarious! and i’m also totally the kinda person who likes to pet things that are inanimate objects!

2. Mega says:

Epic texts all weekend. Some of them were the pinnacle of greatness.

Wow, I’m impressed. I’ve never fallen asleep in a cab before. :)

Champagne in swans….love it!

Truth: I get more excited to hold an expensive handbag than I do an actual baby. Looks like you do too. =)

6. You certainly deserve an indulgence now and then. I love everything about your weekend. Such a cute pic of you as well!!!!!

um that swan and champagne idea is AMAZING. seriously love it. and eh, see through shirts and sleeping in cabs is totally acceptable every now and then, haha.

8. oh my lord- congrats on owning that FABULOUS & amazing purse. Lucky lady!!

Now THAT is a weekend!

I spent most of mine napping. Not nearly as exciting as yours :-)

Sounds like a very fun and interesting weekend indeed! Love the swan/champagne situation and the purse picture (you look fabulous and so happy).

Here’s hoping this week is a little kinder to us all, eh?

11. Bahahaha!! That swan champagne vessel is the best ever!

12. steph anne says:

Haha, sounds like a fun weekend! I had a great productive weekend. Too sad that it’s Monday now.

13. Kez says:

Haha, loving that plastic swan!
    My weekend was nice :)
    I went shopping for a couple of new clothing items (belly is outgrowing most of my things), pampered myself (I actually did all 3 steps: cleansing, toning and moisturising – go me) and watched Bridesmaids with my best friend (a bride to be) and fellow bridesmaids (also best friends).
    All in all, I felt refreshed after all of that :)

14. The champagne swan is ah-mazing! Might have to steal that one in the future.

15. Akirah says:

Ha! You’re cute. Not sure my weekend was as rowdy as yours. I went to a pole dancing class. I even blogged about it, which I hope doesn’t bite me in the ass, career-wise. Anyhow, good weekend. Sad it’s over tho.