24 July 2011

Weekend recap: Things I did versus should have done

Tagged: Random

Happy Sunday everyone! We’re still in a semi-heat wave in Chicago (suck!) so I decided to balance out last week and weekend’s craziness by “tossing out” my to do list and just relaxing. But I still had a few things I wanted to get done, let’s see if I made it.

Planned to…get my nails done (I was “free nailing it” for too long)

Actually did…GET MY NAILS DONE! WOO! I feel like a new person

Planned to…catch up on magazines while sitting around my apartment

Actually did…read a little but there is still a stack of magazines. This is a work in progress

Planned to…see a movie

Actually did…see a movie! I love free AC, what can I say?

Planned to…go to my local fro yo place 2-3 times

Actually did…only go once (not dedicated)

Planned to…drink beer outside

Actually did…drink beer outside while in Wicker Park with Liz. Beer was accompanied by white cheddar truffle mac and cheese and fried green tomatoes. I really love Southern food

Planned to…not shower Sunday (it’s my favorite part of that day)

Actually did…shower, sigh, had to, but for good reason

Planned to…clean my bathroom

Actually did…sit around and watch Casino Royale. Daniel Craig is smoking hot in that movie. Rawr

Overall, I’m happy with what I did and didn’t get done this weekend. It was relaxing, hydrated and tasty. No complaints.

And one last thing I hoped to do to close the weekend was have a glass of champagne with a good friend.

As you can see, that did happen too :)

How was your weekend? Did you get things done that you wanted to?

1. It sounds like a good weekend to me.

I planned to go spend the weekend at a friend lake side cottage.

Instead my basement flooded and I manned a shop-vac and waterpump, and then ripped out water logged underlay.

Whoopee!

you lost me at the mac & cheese because holy hell that sounds magically delicious.

3. Grace says:

I like that you mentioned not taking a shower. I love those days! My bf takes two showers a day and sometimes more. If I could still be clean and smell good without a shower I’d take it. It is a means to an end and that is all. Maybe you are not that extreme. hmmm.

4. steph anne says:

Haha, I love not showering on Sundays too. It was a great productive weekend for designing websites but house/fun/everything else wise not so much. Hoping that it’ll be the other way around this upcoming weekend.

5. mine was busy! went up to Maine for 2 bridal showers. getting a mani is a nice treat! :)

6. allison says:

I did some laying out and not a whole lot of anything else. That list keeps growing of stuff to do!

7. Jenn says:

I grounded myself this weekend. I had so much writing to do and I hoped to finish it all on Saturday. Thanks to a Ghost Whisperer marathon that didn’t pan out.

I think your weekend sounds great! I always love getting my nails done (though I’m more likely to go in for a pedi than I am a manicure). I relaxed, read, and baked a few different things.

Ah, cleaning the bathroom is overrated :-)

I planned to use a Groupon at a store called Jeans and a Cute Top this weekend but ended up cleaning up the water in my basement instead. However, I ran my other errands so I call that a successful weekend.

10. Kez says:

I planned on being able to fulfil my social commitments over the weekend. I had been trapped inside for too long due to a pregnancy illness and my aim was to make it out to see a good friend for lunch on Saturday (who I hadn’t seen in a long time) and on Sunday to go with my friend to a bridal expo, followed by a viewing of an Aussie Rules football game at a friend’s house. I managed to do ALL of those things and I had a great time. It was so good to know I could make it through a whole day without feeling physically uncomfortable or unwell :)

11. Stephanie says:

Which restaurant has that Mac & cheese? Nummy!

12. I did get a lot done that I had planned to do this weekend! Especially today – I was super productive and fit in all the things on my list and then some! I am most proud over conquering the monster task of cleaning up our garden/backyard, we have been putting it off for WEEKS and finally today I just got it done :)