28 August 2011

Another one of those weekends

Tagged: Friends, Random

Happy Sunday everyone!

This was another one of those weekends, which was full of pugs, fresh air, good friends and….adult beverages.

The kind of weekend where I really see first-hand how many wonderful people are in my life and feel so appreciative that they are my friends.

It’s the kind of weekend where I go on a hot date at a coworkers house (photo of my date is below) and get to smother her pugs with attention and love. Yes, like my fur nephew, they hand it out for free.

His name is Chase and he’s so over me already

But after holding a baby and sniffing his head (which his mom was fine with), our sangria turned in to straight Merlot, which turned in to cocktails (then a fishbowl of them) and margaritas, which I blame for me being on the couch Saturday. Moments are fuzzy, but I can remember looking out on the city from the coworker’s deck, feeling the breeze on my face, hearing us laugh and thinking, yeah I’m happy.

It was also one of those weekends where I put aside my awkwardness (or most of it) and assembled a small group of close friends to have dinner on a patio, surrounded by Italian red and white wines, and several laughs at my expense. But looking around that table, seeing them there and talking among one another made me happy because they came out, spent several hours with me at dinner (seriously, service took forever) and then many joined me for a drink or two after, leaving me to walk in at 2 a.m.

So now it’s Sunday, I’m ready to get back in a routine. Let’s do this.

How was your weekend?

Movie Review: Finally saw the movie based off one of my favorite books – The Help

aw that sounds like a lovely weekend and a fabulous dinner party. also,i just want to squeeze those baby cheeks, so cute!

2. allison says:

chase is adorable!

I am so glad that you had such a fabulous weekend. Moments when friends from various aspects of my life are all gathered together sort of bowls me over. I am so incredibly lucky to have fantastic people in my life, as you do. Weekends like one you just had are truly priceless.

4. Fun weekend! I love your date!

Weekends full of good friends & food are the best. Especially sangria-wine-margarita ones!

5. Awww, I love those weekends. The Modern Love Machine and I realized after a few days in Ireland that slow restaurant service can be such a good thing since it forces you to slow down and actually enjoy your mealtime. (that is, unless you’re really, really in a hurry to get somewhere, then it’s just annoying).

6. Elizabeth says:

That sounds like a blissful weekend! I secretly love it when the service takes forever if I’m with people I adore.

7. Kez says:

Sounds like a wonderful weekend!!
    Friday night we celebrated my husband’s birthday with friends at a local steakhouse and then Saturday we had a family lunch with him as well (he is so spoilt!)
    Then Sunday he had to go to work but I got to laze around and just enjoy being a big, pregnant blob :) I tried prenatal yoga (second attempt better than the first) and I had an…AFTERNOON NAP! Glorious! xo

8. steph anne says:

Sounds like a great weekend with good friends! I’m jealous of the weather and the breeze you got! I need to go back to LA soon. Arizona is way too hot for it to be September soon, ugh. Anyways, I’m with you on getting back into a routine…bring it on, last week of August!