29 September 2011

Things I’m loving right now

Yep I’ve been a bad girl lately, buying things (without peer pressure) and sampling things that I end up falling in love with. Some things are more tangible than others and some aren’t that healthy for me either, but sh*t happens.

Let’s take a look at some stuff I’m loving this fall, non-weather wise.

Truffle honey butter – Was served this at a new Chicago restaurant, Morso, in Lincoln Park as part of my meal and nearly licked the mason jar it came in clean. Sadly, service at the restaurant wasn’t great that night so to make up for it, my waitress gave me a hunk of it to take home. It’s delicious, I would eat it with a spoon. I want more right now.

Suri’s Burn Book – A coworker shared this Tumblr and Twitter feed with me and I’m 100% obsessed. I literally check it daily for Suri’s new bitchy, mean girl commentary of celeb children and it has made me cry laughing several times. Let’s just say, she’s not a huge fan of the Jolie-Pitts and Garner-Affleck kids. She also has a huge ego, I love it.

The Real Milania G – As a Real Housewives of New Jersey fan, this is pretty much the best Twitter feed ever. The faux Twitter profile, written from the point of Teresa’s devil child Milania is really damn funny, especially during the RHONJ airings. I highly recommend it.

Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery – I’m pretty much a Kiehl’s addict already but I finally started using my samples of this product at night and my face feels like butter. I have really dry/oily/sensitive skin and this feels really soothing and hydrating on it. Literally, I love the way my skin feels with this. It’s a little pricey so I’ll stick to samples for now but LOVE.

Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment – Friends have been using Fresh products for a while and preaching about their awesomeness but after my regular lip balm ran out (goodbye Burt’s Bees!), I picked this up at Sephora and cannot imagine living without it. Yes, it’s a little pricey too but I love how soft it makes my lips and gives them a little tint too (without being tarty). I will have to see if others agree they’re kissably soft one day.

Riding Boots - Two years ago I got my first pair of flat riding boots from  Banana Republic and have almost destroyed them from use. They’re super comfortable and perfect for wearing in snow and winter weather. Now I’m on the hunt for a new pair and finally found some similar ones at Nordstrom. They’re a little pricier than I wanted to pay but since I know I’ll wear them out, I’m okay with it. It’s almost boot season!!

What are you loving right now? Big weekend plans?

1. seo says:

I’m really impressed with your writing skills as well as with the layout on your weblog. Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself? Anyway keep up the nice quality writing, it’s rare to see a great blog like this one these days..

2. allison says:

I crack up while reading the Milania twitter account. Makes me laugh every time.

I just purchased a new winter Tahari coat from Gilt and I can’t wait to wear it.

3. eyeroller says:

The Fresh Sugar balm is so good, I give it to all my gfs as gifts. My favorite Sephora lip purchase however is Smashbox O-Gloss. Amazing. It has some super technology that turns the clear gloss into the pink tint that your lips naturally should be! So it’s different on everyone. I highly recommend.

4. megabrooke says:

hey friend! i’m finally catching up this morning on all things blog. love suri’s burn book and had forgotten about it until you just reminded me. hope you’re doing well. hugs!

5. Elizabeth says:

I want, no, NEED riding boots! I’m always in search of a better lip gloss, so when my Origins runs out, I’ll check that one out!

6. Marjolein says:

I’m loving the weather, most of all! Summer has finally arrived. We had an extremely cold and rainy and overcast summer, but now things have changed around completely and I’m spending most of my evenings outside enjoying the warmth and sunshine. :)

I’m also really enjoying Alexander McCall Smith’s 44 Scotland Street series which we bought in Scotland. The books are so funny and intriguing, I can definitely recommend them!

7. i loove the real milania so much!

and i looove my lands end riding boots i got last fall. i can’t wait to start wearing them!

8. Kelly says:

Thanks for sharing Suri’s burn book!! That is HILARIOUS!

9. Paula says:

I’m loving holidays. and being able to buy summer clothes in the online sales. I bought two cute sundresses for less than ten pounds each. result!

(oh and this weekend I’m off to Portugal – my mum is taking me as it’s my 32nd birthday on Tuesday. Yay.)

truffle honey butter sounds truly magical, i need to find this.

also, suri’s burn book is seriously one of the funniest things ever. seriously laugh at every single post.

11. Jaime says:

yum that truffle butter sounds delish! and i love that suri site too- hilarious!

12. nic says:

Suri’s Burn Book- so much yes. Love it.

And the Fresh lip balm is the best stuff ever. I’ve used the lemon for years, but they have a tinted one now too.

P.S. I miss you. I feel so sequestered from my city friends this week! Sad face.

13. I’m such a big fan of boots in general. I’ve been lusting after some Frye boots for a while, and I think this might be the year! Happy birthday to me ;) I hope you find your perfect pair–those Nordies ones are pretty fabulous!

14. omg i share your obsession with suri’s burn book! LOVE!

Those are boots are amazing! Do I dare whip out my credit card….

16. suri’s burn book is the best!!! I’m still laughing over the things “she” wrote about nick cannon & his kids with Mariah Carey: http://surisburnbook.tumblr.com/post/10243808230/nick-cannon-told-people-magazine-that-he-will