17 October 2011

Detour to Debbie Downer land

Happy Monday everyone!

I consider myself to be a pretty optimistic lady. I’m “glass half full” all the time, but lately I’ve been a bit more of a Debbie Downer.

Okay, maybe not THAT bad, but maybe a little bit of a Wallowing Winnie.

Here’s what’s brought this on:

• Pink eye. Woke up Thursday morning with it and have never had it before. Now I can’t wear eye makeup or contacts for a week. I’m really not digging for sympathy here, but this has taken a blow to my self esteem. I know I need to be au natural in the eyes but I feel embarrassed to have people see me. It’s tough
  • Elevator. My building elevator has been out for more than five weeks and no one is telling us when it will be fixed. I hope my legs are like steel when it is fixed

But, I’m working through this little turn of bad karma and balancing out the negative with positives, such as:

• Working out. Even after a long day, I’m forcing myself to go and feeling better after. Great stress reliever
  • Costume planning. Over the next two weekends, I have theme parties that I’m attending and I’ve been really scouring for some fun stuff for my costumes. I love a project :)
  • Red lipstick. I never wear it but in prep for these parties, I treated myself to some, since that’s some of the only makeup I can wear right now. After sampling a few on Saturday, I found one that suits me and seeing my red lips in the store mirrors did make me smile

So that’s why I’ve been a little slow in posting lately. Once I get over this Debbie Downer/Wallowing Winnie hump, I will be back to being me, and being a little more regular in posts.

How is everyone else??

1. Douglas Schwanz says:

If you have pink eye, avoid rubbing it with your eyes. Just wash with an antibacterial soap to prevent infection.-

The latest posting from our personal internet site

2. Lyle Louise says:

Pink eye is sometimes very annoying. When i got pink eye, what i did was just take so much Vitamin-C to hasten the healing process. :.`’.

Please do look over our favorite online site

3. Elizabeth says:

Pink eye justifies any downer type posts you want to write! It’s such an icky, horrible thing to have–we used to make the rounds with it when I was growing up, and it was definitely a bummer each time.

Pink eye? What a crazy thing to get! And no elevator in your building??? I hope you work on a low floor!

You rock that red lipstick and be sure to take photos of the Halloween costume.

I will join you in Debbie Downer land. I’ve felt like I’ve taken up permanent residence there these past few weeks. Its getting better but I’m still not quite ready to return to the land of optimism yet.

I hope you’re eye is better soon! What color red lipstick did you get? I have no doubts that you are rocking the red and completely owning it.

6. Susan says:

I hate when multiple things hit at once like that. Glad you have some funness to look forward to.

dude i feel ya, i’ve been in limbo lately. in any case, hurrah for costume planning, can’t wait to see what you’ll be :)

and hope that pink eye is dunzo and you’re feeling better!

8. Kez says:

Hope you feel more like yourself soon! Great strategy with the red lipstick – emphasise what you can and WORK IT!

I’m in that “so over it” pregnant stage so I think I’m a bit of a Wallowing Winnie myself. I’m very excited about finally meeting my baby soon but I have days where I’m so annoyed by pregnancy!!

9. Stevie says:

I hope the pink eye clears up soon. I used to lifeguard and teach swimming lessons and got it ALL the time. So gross.

I’ve been wearing red lipstick more often lately and I love it, too! One of my favorites that I’ve purchased is actually a lip stain. It’s not as bright as a lip stick, but still gives a nice pop of color.

10. Mega says:

Debbie Downer eh? Waaah Waaah. Seriously, I hope you rebound. You always do. Stupid pink eye, how’d that happen?

11. one of my friends is such a debbie downer, it’s funny. we always make fun of her for it. I can totally agree/sympathize w/ the elevator issue. But yes, i hope for thighs of steel for you! :)

12. allison says:

red lipstick can be tricky! I always feel mine is too orange for me.

13. Pink eye is miserable, speaking from personal experience. (I got pink eye at/after a big newspaper party in college and infected one of my friends, who had an allergic reaction to his meds and broke out ALL OVER HIS FACE.) I hope it gets better soon and that your eyes are sparkly and happy again.

I’m kind of on the fence right now as far as glass half full/empty. It’s been a weird few weeks, you know? But I’m trying to stay positive and dive into a new project or two to keep myself occupied since this month is a slow one, photographically. :)

14. suki says:

pink eye sucks. :/ i got it awhile back – so gnarly. feel better soon!

15. what suburban sweetheart says!!!

16. Jenn says:

Pink eye is the worst :( And not to add to the debbie downer feeling, but you have to throw out any eye make up you used in the days before you got it – did the doctor tell you that? that means eyeliner and mascara are out. Womp womp.

Feel better soon love! can’t wait to see the halloween costumes!

17. Um, pink eye is a totally legit excuse for wallowing. Yuckkk. Hope it clears up soon. In the meantime, rock that red lipstick & forget that eyeshadow exists. ;)