19 October 2011

Treat yo self!

Tagged: television

My favorite day of the week is Friday. Not only because it’s the weekend, but also because it’s TREAT FRIDAY.

I coined this phrase to describe my Friday mentality at work. Yes, I still get work done but it’s also about treating myself right. I’m adamant about packing my lunch Monday-Thursday so Friday is treat day. I buy lunch (and maybe dessert!!!) and just do nice stuff for me. Why? Because it’s TREAT FRIDAY! Woooooo!

Then, I watched Parks and Rec last week and saw Tom and Donna celebrate Treat Yo Self Day.

Here’s more information on this yearly holiday

Seriously, seeing this made my day. It’s like Treat Friday on crack. So Saturday, to try and boost my spirits, I had a mini Treat Yo Self day myself.

It included:

• Dior red lipstick. Treat yo self!
  • Lobster roll and oysters with friends for dinner. Treat yo self!
  • Pinkberry with mochi and strawberries. Treat yo self!

This won’t always happen but damnit, it’s time to embrace this. I plan to shout “Treat yo self” to people randomly now. Because I’m a big fan of this. Plus, Parks and Rec is just awesome. This and DJ Roomba seriously make me happy.

How are you going to Treat yo self this week?

1. Abby says:

OMG I LOVE this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Except I wanna have a treat yo self day every week!!!

took a nap- treat yo self!
    bought new shoes- treat yo self!
    ate yummy Mac n cheese- treat yo self!

:D

2. Marjolein says:

Good idea! Also makes me feel tons better about my latest purchase. I’ve been home ill with the flu for nearly a week now and decided, in between naps, to buy myself an e-reader. It should arrive the day after tomorrow. :)

3. Susan says:

Hah love it! That was the best episode ever.

4. allison says:

shit. where have I been?

Treating myself this Saturday to a facial, then I need to pick up some perfume and hit up the mall for some shoes.

5. I always think about your treat Fridays when I get something for myself! :)

6. last week’s episode was SO GOOD. I love me some Tom H in a crazy way. no matter what, any day that I take off of work is a treat yo self day. when I went to jersey this past weekend it was more of a treat yo self extravaganza so I’ll be taking it easy the rest of this week.

dude. love it. treat yo self friday sounds like an excellent plan to me.

8. caryn says:

You crack me up. We really need to plan our IRL meetup ASAP!

9. I love this. This Friday, my mama will be in town, so I expect that SHE will treat me… :)

10. Sarah says:

I love that show!!

I took a half day of work yesterday – Treat yo self!
    Went and saw Footloose by myself – Treat yo self!
    And, the biggie, new fall/winter boots – Treat yo self!!

11. I’m not a regular Parks and Rec watcher, but I saw that bit and about died. The Batman costume was hilarious.

For someone who used to shop frequently, I haven’t gone in ages and I’m seriously thinking about taking a personal day on Friday and spending some money. Really, just taking a day off would mean ‘treat yo self!’ to me since I’ve had so few lately, but why stop there?