Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Before I head back to the kitchen to finish preparing the first Thanksgiving my SIL and I are preparing, I wanted to put up a post about being thankful.
This year has been full of change, but I’m still thankful for so many things in my life. Now, I just need to be better about being thankful for them year-long, not just today. Working on that.
So, here is my 2011 list of things I’m thankful for:
- Friends (old and new)
- A good job
- Ability to travel (and the balls to challenge myself to do it)
- Fur nephew/brother/SIL
- Ability to live in a good apartment in Chicago
- iPhone (even though AT&T sucks)
- Leggings (which always get me through the holidays)
- North Face jacket (which I’ve slept in twice and spilled a plethora of food on)
- Cooking accessories (which have helped me immensely in the last 24 hours – love you skillet)
- Not having to travel far for Thanksgiving
- Being as awesome this year as I was last year (high self-esteem much?)
Yep, that’s part of the list for this year. Some are ridiculous and some are serious (as you can tell).
I will be back with a full report on our Thanksgiving meal, but I will say this, the house already smells amazing.
I hope you all have a wonderful, food-filled Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for?