First, I hope you all had a great holiday, I still have pictures to share! But for now, I’m talking about something else.
I cannot believe 2011 is almost over. I know, it was just Christmas and I’m surprised NYE is coming up so quickly? Well yeah, I am.
In digging up last year’s post to see if I made strides on my resolution, I was grateful to find that I kept it simple.
My 2011 resolution was to “keep trying new things.” So was I successful?
Yeah, I think I was!
Some of 2011’s highlights:
- Italy. I mean, two weeks alone in a foreign country where I barely spoke the language? That was huge and an amazing experience
- Trapeze. I will never do it again and was scared out of my f*cking mind but I did it and can cross it off my “want to try” list
- Dating. Yes, this didn’t work out as I hoped, but I gave it an honest shot and put myself out there more than I have in a long time. And maybe the next one will turn out differently
- FOOD. From Italy to Seattle to Vancouver to Chicago to Milwaukee, I’ve had a lot of amazing meals and tried a lot of new things, some that were tastier than others. But still, I have some very fond food memories
- Oprah! Yes, thanks to the Chicago blizzard, I got last minute tickets to the Oprah Winfrey Show (before it went off the air) and even got a little camera time. That was an awesome experience
- Acting like a crazed teen. Seeing Weezer play the Blue Album in concert with Mega was amazing. The 17 year old inside of me was wicked excited (but not about the mosh pit)
So what is the plan for 2012? Much of the same, travel, food and continuing to try new things and challenge myself.
I may not always be successful but I won’t know unless I try.
And I’m very optimistic and excited to see what 2012 has in store for me. Hopefully it will include a make out or two as well.
What are your 2012 resolutions?