06 December 2011

Goodbye legs of steel

Tagged: apartment

Last night, I witnessed my own Christmas miracle. Not to be confused with my birthday miracle that happened when the free dryer magically re-appeared.

No, this is a legit gift from Santa and the other “big guy” above.

In fact, I’m so happy right now, that I want to scream it from the rooftop.

And I can do that, without having to take the stairs!!

Wait, what am I jabbering on about?

Oh just that my apartment building elevator is FIXED.

FINALLY!!!

*insert the sound of angels singing*

No sh*t, my elevator has been out of order since the end of August (one week after my birthday to be exact).

My building is five floors and I’m on the fourth, which means, my a** has been hauling up four flights of stairs one to three times a day since then.

I’ve done those stairs drunk, hungover, loaded down with laundry, carrying groceries and dragging suitcases. No kidding, it almost gave me a heart attack a few times.

But now, NO MORE.

Yes, I feel like my legs are like two blocks of steel and I can easily do short bursts of stairs in other buildings, but now, I’m ready to ride that elevator, all day long!

Sure, dragging groceries and suitcases sucks, but the worst part is making my friends take the stairs. No kidding, I haven’t had many people over since the elevator went out because I felt bad making them walk up the stairs. I’m not a walk-up kind of girl. Now, party at my place!!

I’m so happy right now.

1. Woo! It is nice to know the option of the elevator is there especially when carrying lots of things! But I used the stairs as much as possible when I lived in a 5th floor apt because it was faster than the super slow elevator!

2. allison says:

yeah to a great looking ass too!

Hooray for fixed elevators. I am lazy so that would get old very quickly. Not to mention, lugging groceries and other heavy things up steps is just plain annoying.

4. Tara says:

yay to Christmas miracles! Now Santa can make his deliveries ;)

5. Yay! It’s the little things, huh? Though, I guess this wasn’t a LITTLE thing…but maybe a bit unexpected? Anyhow, yay!

dude you are a champ for walking all of that for so long. hurrah to working things!

7. Jeanna says:

Grrrrllll, I’d be shouting that from the rooftops too!

8. Marjolein says:

Fantastic! It’s so much better when stairs are just an option for a free workout rather than a necessity to get to your apartment.

I only live on the first floor and we don’t have or need an elevator, but I dread the day the elevator at work fails: we work on the 25th floor (and yes the elevators have been known to malfunction…)

9. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, i know personally what a big deal this is!! woohoo functioning elevators!

10. Please tell me you’ve gotten some sort of break on your rent for all those times you’ve had to haul your laundry and groceries up those stairs.

11. Elizabeth says:

What a relief! We lived on a third floor once, which isn’t so bad, but when we left, I did miss the bit of extra exercise!

12. April says:

Hooray! Keep taking the stairs anyway unless you have groceries or laundry, free exercise! Not that I am the best person to be saying such a thing since my one stipulation when buying a house was that it had to be single story only!