12 December 2011

Bummed

I guess there is no other way to say it.

I am bummed.

Why?

For the last few weeks/months I was spending time with someone. Someone I liked very much. Someone I liked more than I have liked someone in a while (boy-wise). Someone who gave me the butterflies/swoony feeling that made good friends ask what was going on because, well they knew my behavior was out of the ordinary. It was…awesome in a drive you crazy but make you happy way.

Now, that person is no longer in the picture.

And I am bummed.

Actually I’ll say it, I’m sad. And I can’t stop from feeling sad just yet.

That’s the thing about dating, it is a risk and can disappoint you. I’m there now, and it sucks.

I even debated posting this because I’m not doing this to drum up sympathy. Just saying how I’ve been feeling because I alluded to stuff going on before and then never said anything else. And, a few people who read this did know and I just don’t have the heart to tell them individually.

So I’ll be here in in bummerland/sad city for a bit and then, I’ll pick myself up and keep going.

For now, I’m just hoping tomorrow will be a bit better.

1. Lauren says:

Bummer sounds about right. I’m sorry!

I wanted to thank you for your DM the other night. We ended up at Gilt and I had the best beef pot roast EVER. Freaking YUM.

2. ((sending you MASSIVE-SIZED hugs))

I wish there was a more eloquent to say it, but that sh*! sucks.

I went through that a year ago and it wasn’t cute. but you gotta wallow and embrace it in order to get back to feeling good again.

3. Awww, girly. We’ve all been there & know that it really friggin’ sucks. Hugs to you!

4. boo that sucks! and I totally know what you mean… it really makes me want to not even give it a shot. yuck.

5. Ohhh I have been there. The first guy I met off Match- I was head over heels in love with and I’m ashamed to say this (as it’s been 3 years), but I still think about him. BUT I know that things really DO happen for a reason and it will work out in the end. I’m still waiting for my prince, but I’m sure he’s out there. You will find yours as well. Just take this time to regroup and come January, we’ll both find the ones meant for us!

6. allison says:

oh girlfriend, it will get better. a hell of a lot better for you.

7. That just stinks, J. Hugs from FL!

aw hugs friend. that is never fun and seriously it’s times like this i wished we lived closer. i’d so be over at your place with a bottle (or three) of wine in no time. miss you. super hugs. xo.

I won’t go all pity party on you, so all I’ll say is BOO!

You never have to apologize for having feelings! Anyone in your shoes would be bummed and sad. So, be sad if you want and then go ride the elevator in your building up and down a few times for a quick smile :-)

11. Arielle says:

Cheer up, Charlie! I know it sucks right now but with some more crying and some ice cream, you’ll slowly start to feel better. =) And then we can go back to discussing the glories of being single and fabulous. You know I’m here to listen anytime you need to vent!

12. I’m sorry friend. Those kinds of things never get easier. Thinking of you! XO

13. Stevie says:

Oh man, I’m so sorry :-( That totally sucks. But at least you have the holidays to distract you from it a bit?

14. Oh girl, I’m so sorry :( I’m glad you’re giving yourself some time to feel your feelings, and I hope the fun and joy of the holiday season takes your mind of the sadness a bit! HUGS!!!

15. Akirah says:

I’m sorry, friend. Break ups are the worst. Run, cry, eat Ben and Jerry’s, and run some more. Things will get better. You’re too pretty and awesome and fun and smart and great to be bummed for long!

16. I’m sorry, friend. It’s definitely the downside to dating and relationships, and you have all the right in the world to feel bummed and sad for as long as you feel bummed and sad. It’s ok to share your feelings too, because that’s what we’re all here for! To support you no matter what.

I am sorry that things didn’t work out, Jess. That is a bummer. Sending you huge hugs. Tomorrow will be better, friend.