I may be a perfectionist but I’m definitely, absolutely not perfect.
And reading Lacey’s post last week about her imperfections inspired me to write down my own. These aren’t all bad things, they’re just little quirks, nuances and unique things that make me…me!
Yes, there are a few things on this list I’d like to change, but even if they don’t, eh, that’s okay. Why change every quirky thing about yourself? Then you wouldn’t be different!
Let’s take a look at what makes me the imperfectly me.
- The first thing I do when I get home from work is change in to my PJs. I always feel more comfortable in casual, comfy clothes
- When I eat, I have one or two bites of all items on the plate blended together and then resume eating each item separately. I also prioritize what I eat first
- The other half of my bed and my bedroom floor is usually littered with magazines. I love reading in bed
- I do not like to eat lunch before 12:01 pm. Coworkers see me sitting at my desk staring at the clock and at 12:01 pm, my lunch comes out
- I sit with my arms folded across my chest almost all of the time. I’m not being cold or standoffish, I just unconsciously do it, but I feel like it turns people off
- I like eating healthy but seriously, I’m addicted to sweets. I cannot get enough
- I have NO IDEA how to work curlers, but I love having my hair curled. I can’t figure it out
- On weekends, I rewear outfits from the week in various new combinations. But I always preface with friends that items may look familiar when we go out. But if a guy is involved…he gets a brand new outfit
- Sometimes, I can’t help but multitask when people call or speak to me. I hate that I do it so I have to really focus on one thing
- I hate crying or having confrontations with people in public. I always feel like people are staring at me
- I am a hopeless romantic. Hopeless to the core
- I don’t like sitting too closet to people on public transport. I tend to feel claustrophobic. And if they elbow war me? I never back down
- I always laugh nervously during awkward or uncomfortable situations. Sometimes it gets me in to trouble
- My nose is always running. It drives me crazy when I’m out
- When I’m talking to someone, I am listening but also scanning them over. I have zero idea why I do that, maybe it’s my way of taking them in?? That just sounds creepy
- I prefer to be warm when I sleep. I love feeling warm and cuddled up in bed
So there is a perfect way to summarize this: freak, lazy and general oddball. I think we can also categorize this as #reasonswhyimsingle. Yep. But hey, that’s me :)
What makes you imperfectly you?