25 March 2012

Paris adventure and photos!

Tagged: travel

I’m back!

In the last two weeks, I’ve flown 10,000 miles, been on two continents and in three different time zones. To say it’s been exhausting is an understatement. And my body finally caught up with me this week, leaving me sick in bed for the last 48 hours.

But today I finally had a chance to transfer and upload some photos.

So Paris in a nutshell: GREAT. Beautiful sights, amazing food and of course, a bit too much wine :)

The only drawback: being a solo, single traveler in the city of love. Seriously, the level of making me out made me nearly lose my mind. I have zero issue with being single, but the last thing I need is excessive PDA thrown in my face. So, yeah, I should have known better.

In the course of a week, I got to see, do, eat and explore a lot of things. Seriously, my feet have the blisters to show the amount of ground I covered.

My two favorite things that I did:

• Versailles – It is amazing how big and grand it is. Seriously, huge hallways, ornate decor, truly lavish lifestyle and landscaping. The castle was impressive but the gardens and surrounding land was the best. Add in a 75 degree, sunny day, bike (with basket) and a light breeze and it was one my most favorite days ever. Sounds cheesy but it’s true
  • Catacombs tour – Yes, it is touristy and jammed but it was seriously, awesome. 80+ steps below Paris, with six feet ceilings, it was fascinating to explore the Paris underground and see hundreds of thousands of bones still preserved. SO COOL

So let’s take a look at some pictures.

More photos are on my Flickr set here.

Now, I’m ready for two months in Chicago relaxing and, well saving money. Because next up is Hawaii and London/Barcelona in fall. But seriously, I need a nap.

How is everyone???

1. caryn says:

I really liked Paris- I too went as a single lady, but I didn’t feel it was ‘the city of love’ at all. I love all your travels! In Barcelona you have to go to Park Guel – so beautiful! Next time I see you – lets chat about our travels! xoxo

Gorgeous pics…so jealous.

3. Jaime says:

oh i bet the catacombs were really cool! Looks like you had gorgeous weather :)

4. Starr says:

Gah! It’s all so gorgeous. I am so jealous!!

5. So awesome that you did all that by yourself. Looks like ti was amazing. Also – take me to hawaii with you. I want to go again. and every year for the rest of my life.

Your photos are amazing. I am glad that you had a wonderful time (minus the pda that was going on around you). This post makes me want to spread my solo traveler wings and jet off to someplace wonderful. If only there was room in the budget for that.

7. I will so be your fellow solo traveler partner-in-crime!!! Versailles and the Eiffel tower are on my must-see lists. while in Paris, I have lofty goals of sitting outside many a cafe and gorging myself on croissants and cappuccinos.

seriously your pictures make me want to hop on a plane and go to paris right this second. ah. love it.

Welcome back! Your photos from Paris look amazing. I was supposed to go this summer but my trip got cancelled. I’ll just have to live vicariously through you!

10. Lacey Bean says:

Your pics make me miss Paris!!!! Looks like you had a fantastic time.

11. phampants says:

LOVE Versailles but next time I need to do the catacombs.

12. Marjolein says:

I’m glad you had a good time! Versailles is such a beautiful place.. I want to go back asap! :)

You look like such a seasoned traveler! And I can’t believe you’re heading back to Europe in the fall!

14. Carolyn says:

Love your pictures!! Made me miss paris a lot!!! Looks like you had an amazing time!! PS take me to London with you!! haha

15. Amber says:

You go on sooo many international trips!! That’s so awesome!!

I am really bummed we didn’t go on the catacombs tour when we were in Paris. Next time for sure!

16. Great photos. Looks like you had beautiful weather.

PDA in general is just gross.

17. gorgeous shots of paris! i need to go back because i never made it out to versailles!
    and i’m jealous of your upcoming trips!

and omg, i LOVE chicago!