There is some amazing food in Chicago. Also, the list of places to eat on my fridge is not getting shorter.
And with all that good food, sometimes, you find yourself in a food crawl, or two.
That is how my weekend went: food, cocktails, more food, beer and then more food.
I’ll recount both food crawls (thanks to the help of Foursquare).
Food Crawl #1: Friday Night Special
Naomi was in town visiting and we met up to dish food and drink around Wicker Park. Here is where we ended up:
- Violet Hour – My favorite Chicago bar
- Big Star walk up window – skipping sh*tty service but indulging in a Pastor and de Panza (pork belly) taco
- Bristol – Shaved pig face, chicken hearts and amazing charred Brussels sprouts
- Hot Chocolate – Late night dessert with hot chocolate, brioche donuts, chocolate souffle and bread pudding
- Food Coma #1 – Literally
Food Crawl #2: Taco Crawl 2012
A very taco-savvy coworker coordinated this trip around Wicker Park as well. It was a mix of meat, beer, Mexican coke and more beer.
- Chris’s Northland Tavern – Beer and building my buzz
- Carniceria Guanajuato – Awesome Carne Asada and Mexican coke, also, trying to sober up
- Tierre Caliente – Best Pastor taco ever and a little beef tongue taco
- Loop Tavern – Liquor store, lotto ticket seller and bar. I wish we had these closer to my house! Cue tipsyness again
- Carbon – Sweetest staff and best Tilapia taco ever. Also, I should not drink anymore
- Cleo’s Tavern – I lied, one more beer
At this point, I don’t need to eat for another week. But I do have another Wicker Park food crawl formulating in my brain. But I need to prepare a bit more for this. Marathon food sampling is not for the unprepared or weak of heart.
Ooof. How was everyone else’s weekend?